Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Day Decor

I decorated our mantle with Valentine's Day in mind. I thought perhaps after decorating for Halloween and Christmas, I would be done... But it just seemed so darn bare. I love that it doesn't look bare any longer. Maybe after Valentine's is over, I'll try to come up with something that won't look quite so bare until at least October...

I found the printables in a number of different places, all blogs of course and all for free, thanks gals! This one on less cake {more frosting} [I totally love the yellow and grey version of the hearts she has as a download, LOVE it. A possible new color theme for next year perhaps]



At eighteen25, I found another awesome poster download, did the cute little heart pictures I showed a few weeks ago, I did the kids valentine's, the template is here... [Supa cute! I thought I'd attach a little itty-bitty baggie of candy hearts to the back of the valentine. Like the candies they're holding] I'm also planning on doing the larger valentines for teacher treats. So cute and personal. I adore their website.




The other prints, I can't remember where I came across them... Hate it when I do that, but thought they were lovely too. I'm particularly fond of I love you a bushel and a peck because it's a song we've been singing around here since Mason was born.

2 comments:

Dana D said...

I absolutely love your bushel and a peck print! That's what my sweet grandma always used to say to us! Ah, bitter sweet! Would you happen to still have the file that you could email me for printing one out? (camsmama@hotmail.com) By the way, I found you via 1825.
Thanks!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

cute, cute, cute!! love how you took advantage of all the great printables out there! that's awesome. and your photo strip hearts and valentine's turned out great too! thanks so much for sharing!
jen :)