Friday, July 3, 2020
Thursday, July 2, 2020
PM Vibes Elements - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-Vibes-Elements.html
PM Vibes Journal Cards - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-Vibes-Cards.html
PM Vibes Paper - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-Vibes-Papers.html
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
summer memories kit - https://the-lilypad.com/store/SS-Summer-Stories-Kit.html
summer memories j. cards - https://the-lilypad.com/store/SS-Summer-Stories-Journal-Cards.html
Friday, June 26, 2020
Thursday, June 25, 2020
- At the beginning of May, we started to see a hint of green on Nose Hill.
- Game night, we've had so many since the middle of March.
- Madelyn's latest acquisition.
- Miss Libby turned 6.
- Captured a glimpse of a great horned owl.
- Coffee with friends Coronavirus style.
- Love to see the crocuses in bloom.
- A before and after, we spent a lot of time working in our back yard.
- Barry and Libby caught mid-nap.
- Reality check: trip to the dentist during a pandemic.
- New signage, just about everywhere you go.
- Watching the George Floyd movement, world-wide.
- Madelyn catching her first garter snake. The smile says it all.
J. Cards: https://the-lilypad.com/store/Worth-A-Thousand-Words-Journal-Cards.html
Friday, June 19, 2020
Tuesday, June 16, 2020
- Though there has been a lot of time spent in front of computers, doing homework and school, there has also been a fair amount of lounging.
- First time I was out, in literally weeks. Face masks were mandatory.
- Cutest little dog face ever.
- Making paper flowers, we made over 70 of these, I honestly thought the paper cuts on my fingers would never heal... 😂
- Little Miss turned 15. We surprised her with a birthday parade.
Friday, June 12, 2020
- Like I mentioned, we are collectively chatting with one another, more than we ever have before. I hope this will always be the case.
- Patient Miss Libby. She doesn't mind when her stuffies are piled all around her.
- Madelyn & Barry came home with slurpees... It was glorious.
- Barry and the kids set up a race track in the basement.
- We had pub night one night, playing darts and foosball. Lots of laughs.
- Our first 'social distance' outing at M&D's. We enjoyed a drink outside on the back deck, all spaced appropriately apart.
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Thursday, June 4, 2020
I was recently going through some of my scrapbook albums, and saw that I'm missing a few pages. To remedy the situation I'm filling in some random missing pages, so my album is complete.
Monday, June 1, 2020
- With the snow finally gone, backyard clean up begins. Madelyn is always a good helper. We're very appreciative of it.
- Libby before and after. This is what 4 months in between a grooming appointment looks like.
- Speaking of Libby, she's always close to someone.
- Driving in the car, sunroof open. I felt 'normal' for a few minutes today.
- Having a fun time playing Pictionary on the whiteboard.
Thursday, May 28, 2020
- Making S'mores over tea lights in the kitchen.
- Using my sewing machine to make face masks... [which I do fear will become something we will be required to have on, while we're out]
- Our menu, which I thought would be really interesting to keep track of, because in 11 weeks, we've eaten most of our meals from home. [I'm a smidge tired of being the chef and meal planner] I can count on 3 fingers, how many times we've brought something in.
- Video chats with friends.
- Cinnamon buns, again. So, SO good.
- Always snowing.
- We had a very quiet Easter this year, just the 4 of us. We made the most of it, eating off our china and in the dining room.
Friday, May 22, 2020
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
- Libby doesn't mind having us home all the time.
- Mason's new normal. Scheduled video lectures.
- The baking needs to slow down a little bit...
- Madelyn as well, connecting with school/teachers.
- Favourite funnies or memes I've seen up to the point.
Friday, May 15, 2020
This year, a week in the life is a little different from past years. The biggest being, we're in the middle of a pandemic. If that's not a reason to document in detail, a week in your life, then what is?
- A journal card with the day of the week on it and the number that corresponds to that, for example, Monday is Day 1.
- Every day will have a favourite picture of the day.
- Every day will have a list of gratitudes.
- Every day will have a bit of journaling the corresponds with the 3x4 sized cards.
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
- My goal is to do a home practice yoga session 3-5 times a week.
- Celebrating my big birthday, with just my little 4-some. [I already declared this a birthday do-over for myself, and for whoever else has a birthday during this time.
- Madelyn made herself a very real looking pair of cat ears.
- The kids making me birthday break.
- The new way we chat with one another.
- Game nights are a lot more frequent as of late. We learned how to play Mexican Train.
Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Saturday, May 2, 2020
We haven't been anywhere this year, and chances are pretty slim that there will be any trips in our future. I began to reminisce looking through last years photos.
I had done a quick spread of our trip to include in our project life album, but I didn't include much detail. This collection made me want to be a bit more intentional with our road trip stories.
It makes me so happy to have these pictures. Photos just take you right back.
Here are a few pages I plan to add into last years project life album:
I'm so thankful I have these memories.
I'm even more thankful we did this trip last year. What if we'd waited to take it this year? Obviously it was meant to be, and I couldn't be more grateful.
I'm just not sure this summer that we even want to get too far away from home. I think this will be the year of the STAY-cation.
For now, I'll just relive the past...
The following Sahlin Studio products were used:
Friday, May 1, 2020
Oh Canada, spring certainly takes its sweet time where I'm from. I understand we could have green grass all years and gardens beginning to bloom early in the year if we lived closer to say, the west coast... [My happy place] Maybe one day... Never say never... But for now, we'll be midway through may as the first flowers start to show themselves and the grass begins to green.
I'm sorry, I wandered there.
This collection from Sahin Designs is on sale through Sunday May 3rd, get it while it's on sale. Also, if you happen to be a subscriber, watch your email for a 50% off link.
Since it doesn't appear that we are going to be able to head anywhere, in our near future, thanks to the Coronavirus, I'm looking back longingly on last years holiday.
Man, am I glad we did it this last year. On top of all the other disappointments that have been 2020, it would be even more heartbreaking to have to cancel a trip we'd spent months planning.
Thankfully I have pictures to look back on and remember.
The following Sahin Designs products were used:
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
- If cancelling school, all professional sporting events, concerts and community sports wasn't enough to get your attention, the closures announced on that first Monday, when the city declared a 'state of emergency' certainly did.
- I began to go through 20 years of 'I'll just put this here for the time being' photos.
- Trying to get in a little bit of vitamin D, when the sun was out.
- Drinking has increased 10-fold around here as we navigate something we don't know how to navigate.
- Madelyn read the Hobbit. In one day. Challenge from her brother, accepted.
- Playing board games is one thing we're doing with a lot more regularity.
- Mason still plays online games with friends. Glad for the laughing and talking that happens when he's online.
The following Sahlin Studio products were used:
Monday, April 27, 2020
The first time, was right in the heart of all the cancellations and uncertainties.
I cried a lot.
There was SO much we didn't know.
Now I've been home for 42 days. It's obviously feeling more 'normal' now, to not leave the house. Yet I don't want to forget what my feelings were at the beginning of this, so I've decided to go ahead and post this.
Thursday March 12th was the last day before all hell broke loose in our little corner of the world. It was the first time I 'd heard the word PANDEMIC be used in association with the coronavirus. A global pandemic.
Mad's school trip was cancelled less than 36 hours before they were supposed to meet at the airport. Such a disappointment.
We're five weeks in, I'm not feeling nearly as panicked as I was at first.
This past week, we've seen a lot of the glorious sun. What a mood booster that is.
Grad was officially cancelled last week...
The Calgary Stampede was officially cancelled this week...
I'm just not sure that anything will be normal again...
Thankfully a ton of funnies and memes have shown up all over. It feels good to laugh, we need to keep doing that. Until such a time the we can get together in person again.
This too shall pass.
Friday, April 24, 2020
Here are the templates:
Surprise, surprise, it's a Cover-19 layout.
If nothing else, Coronavirus is giving us something to document.
Ironically, one thing I haven't been able to do is settle down and read. What? At the middle of March I'd already read 17 books. Seventeen!! And since March 14th, I've read 1... I don't quite understand it myself. I have the green light to sit and read, and I just can't seem to focus.
Covid has shut down so many businesses, I can't even imagine what things will look like a few more months down the road.
I'm so ready to get back 'out there' to the normal every day things I'd be doing. Yet, so nervous at the same time.
So thankful that the sun is a little bit more dependable as of late.
Sitting in the front or back yard, feeling the sunshine on your face, nothing is as good as that.
The following Sahin Designs products were used:
April Template: https://sahindesigns.com/products/april-2020-layout-templates/
Homebody Elements: https://sahindesigns.com/products/homebody-elements/
Homebody Papers: https://sahindesigns.com/products/homebody-papers/
Covid-19 Digital Stamps: https://sahindesigns.com/products/covid-19-stamps/
Tuesday, April 21, 2020
- Date night, we went to a wine tasting event with some of Barry's co-workers. It was our first 'date' since hockey and ringette were finished, and at the time, we had no idea that it would also be our last in the foreseeable future.
- Toilet paper suddenly was in high demand, everywhere.
- Getting Madelyn packed and ready for her Bamfield trip. [Which was cancelled 36 hours before the plane was to leave]
- Seeing the word 'PANDEMIC' for the first time.
- Closures of all the things that never close... Seeing professional sport teams suspend play, Disneyland close it's gates, these things certainly got my attention quickly.
- My inbox, which also alerted us to the fact, that life was about to change.
- Schools were closed, indefinitely, on Sunday March 15th. We received official word after 8 pm.