Feeling pretty thankful, that we've been enjoying some lovely fall weather the past week.
Barry and I were away for our anniversary, and during that time, SNO-ctober [how I'm choosing to refer to it] hit Calgary with a vengeance. There was a snowfall warning of up to 25 cm some places got as much as 40 cm! What? Holy cow. Can you imagine having a snow day, on October 2nd?
On the west coast, where we happened to be, it was raining. As one friend so eloquently put it, "You don't have to shovel rain..." And it's true. You don' have to shovel rain. Ever.
Our drive out to BC was lovely, the colours were spectacular. All the reds from the maple trees and such, that we don't have here. It was a surprise to see, and we really loved doing the drive. On our way out, colours were gorgeous, on our way back... Well, remember the photo above? It had clearly snowed...
These were both taken in the Rogers Pass area of the TransCanada highway. On the way out, the colours were stellar. On the way back, everything was covered in snow...
Once we got home, the weather didn't improve. Our first week back, it snowed more than it didn't. I was beginning to think perhaps winter was here to stay. Luckily, it did warm up. Which brings us to last week, temperatures were lovely. It was normal again. Seasonal. Thank goodness. Hoping that the snow stays away until December 1st. [Because, whether you agree with me or not, December is just better when it's white]
Here is week 37 of my project life album. Yes, I did put week 38 on my calendar... But it wasn't. And I didn't realize the mistake before sending it off to be printed. Sometimes I make mistakes...
- It seems like the leaves are changing colours super early this year.
- A picture of me and my Mum, on a walk at Fish Creek Park.
- Ringette evals, which is a gross stressful time for all involved.
- Miss Mad and the dog.
Actual week 38:
- CC at Carrie's place, we're on our 18th year together as a group!
- Hate seeing all the leaves on the ground. Not ready for the cold.
- Beautiful rudbeckia on our Edworthy walk this week.
- We've already had a lot of foggy mornings this year too.
- Barry working on the lights in our family room.
The following digital product was used:
Week 37 - Paislee Press - Autumn Vibes
Week 38 - Sahlin Studio - Project Mouse Movies