Wednesday, December 23, 2020

PL2020 - Week 44 | Sahlin Studio

This week of my project life album zeroed in on Halloween.

Halloween in 2020 landed on a Saturday AND there was a second full moon of the month. The Blue Moon. At the beginning of the year, Madelyn was excited invite friends over to watch scary movies and gorge on candy. In reality, the 4 of us sat at home together, while FOUR kids came to our house trick or treating...

As I have in the past, I make some fun 'spooky' meals leading up to Halloween. I think the kids still get a kick out of it, and I enjoyed doing it. The photos were bad [read blurry] I only have a photo of the cookies Madelyn decorated. 

Snapchat filters start to become fun around this time, first with creepy halloween themed things. Shortly after that, it introduces festive Christmas filters [my fav]

October 31st also happened to be the premier of Hallmarks Christmas movies. Yes, I recorded and watched the very first one. [Yes, I've recorded and watched movies every weekend since then] Yes, there's a lot of eye rolling and similar story lines. 

After all, we have had our Christmas tree up since mid-november.



These photos are self explanatory. Madelyn ended up wearing her plague doctor costume to school the Friday before Halloween. She got a lot of great feedback. I mean, is there a better year to wear a plague mask?

We decorated pumpkins. We prepared ourselves for 50 trick or treaters, just in case. After all, it was a mild night AND a full moon. Then, we ate copious amounts of mini chocolate bars.

It was the first Halloween, in many years, that we were all home. No hockey, no ringette.

Perhaps we'll be able to get back to hosting our annual Halloween Party some time in the future. 


The following Sahlin Studio products were used: 



No comments: