Thursday, November 5, 2020

Lemonade | Sahin Designs

For Sahin Designs November creative gallery, I went back to sunny summertime. 

Madelyn has wanted to catch snakes, for as long as I can remember. 

This girl is absolutely fearless, when it comes to most things. 

The first snake we ever saw, was quite a few years ago, at Head Smashed-in Buffalo Jump in southern Alberta. The four of us were walking along some of the outside pathways and saw a large black snake ahead of us. Madelyn took off like a shot, headed directly for the snake. We all yelled stop! Thankfully she did, and the snake quickly slithered away. We think it might have been a bull snake. But didn't get a good enough look to know for sure. All I know is 3 of us stopped, and one wanted to investigate up close...

What I do know, it was a big snake. Also, I don't care much for snakes. 

She found a little snake in May, at her Grandma & Grandpa's house. Grandma was yelling "don't touch" but it was too late, she'd already scooped it up, fascinated by it. On our way home, all she could say was, this has been the 'best day ever'. 

On our camping trip near Pincher Creek, we saw 4 snakes. Madelyn caught 3 of them. 

I assume these were harmless little garter snakes, but I really have no idea. One thing I do know, she's not scared to catch things, that could potentially bite. 

I am. 

So she doesn't get her bravery from me. I don't like to pet strange dogs for heavens sake...

Naturally, I had to do a layout of her summer snakes. 


The following Sahin Designs products were used on this page: 





No comments: