Thursday, April 7, 2011

Crazy Busy Week

Every now and then, I have a week that is ridiculously busy. This happens to be one of those weeks. Each day this week, my calendar has been packed full, and my feet haven't quit moving. I was looking forward to having a slow day tomorrow, but then got asked to help out at school. I know these days of helping out won't last forever, so I kind of take them when I can. Also, after a grueling 4 1/2 days back to school, Mason gets off at noon tomorrow. Phew.

Lots has happened over the past few days. We had our computer fixed, and it's working slick, though there are a few things missing. I have to download all my fonts again, which is a bummer, but at least they were backed up this time! [Last time I lost all those] A few things have been moved around and don't look 'usual' to me. I'm sure I'll get it all figured out again over time. I'm grateful for extra memory, a new and improved back up internal hard drive, and my re-vamped external hard drive. I'm also grateful for computer guys, who though their cost is high, know exactly how to speak computer. I am qualified to re-boot a computer with the power switch, and that's about it.

In the package we received from Ama last week, was this comic [she sends comics to the kids, who absolutely love to get them]


Sunday morning, after our ginormous dump of snow, I saw this little guy out our kitchen window. Too funny huh?

Year after year they come back way too soon. Why don't they learn?

Sunday evening, I tried a new recipe. It was called Sausage Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes. I got the recipe here. And they were as good as they looked.

Both my brother and Barry ooh-ed and ahh-ed over them. So they were indeed a hit. But let me tell you one thing, they were tedious. I mean after all, Martha I am not. Would I make them again? Initially I said no, but once everyone raved so much about them, it changed my perspective slightly. Next time I would either bake the potatoes the day before [you can even do this in the crock pot, it's super easy] Then work with the cold potatoes and reheat them. Or I'd make a mashed potato casserole, just make mashed potatoes the regular way, then doctor them up, put into a casserole dish and pop them in the oven. One change I'd make to the recipe,I would add the Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese to the mashing process. It would make them that much creamier. I didn't do this on Sunday, because Chris was watching me. I think he'd have headed for the hills if he saw me add cream cheese into his beloved 'mashies'. He'd probably say, "Some things are meant to be the way they are, end of story"

Then for dessert, we had these, but wait it gets better:

A little surprise of peanut butter goodness hidden inside. Everyone else is hiding things inside baked goods. I decided to get in on it too! Yummy Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.

Again, these were very well received. I have a confession... I seem to have lost all will-power when it comes to sweets again... I can tell you exactly when it happened. Go back and read this post. It's so easy to get back into old habits again.

The doorbell rang on Monday morning. It was kind of a simultaneous doorbell ring and banging on the door. And I said to myself, that can only mean one thing...

Canada Post had a special delivery for moi... A very special delivery indeed... My new camera bag came home. It's as lovely in real life, as it is on the website. I'll post a picture once I get it all filled up! Happy Birthday to me...

And with all that snow, comes the mega melt. I took my camera with me to pick Mason up from the bus a couple of days ago, and water was running down the street like crazy. Some days the sun shines and water streams and you can feel the warmth of the sun. Then today, it's cold and the air feels like snow yet again. We're waiting so patiently for spring.












No comments: