Thursday, April 14, 2011

Right Again...

We kind of have a standing joke about our weather forecasts. In the past, they haven't been quite as accurate as they seem to have been this winter in particular.

In the past we get a snow fall warning, and we all chuckle and wake up to a skiff of snow. On occasion, we get no warning, and wake up to a big dump of snow, and the forecasters are busy saying "Don't know where that came from!"

I don't know if the technology is just that much better or what. This winter [and yes, I'm still considering today winter] it seems like every snow storm prediction has come true. And then some.

We got such a warning yesterday [I even shared it on my blog] went to bed last night, around 11:30, looked out the window on my way upstairs and thought to myself, "Yeah, right..." Because it really wasn't doing much. I woke up this morning, looked out the window, and to my surprise, it did snow. A lot. We got between 8-12 inches just around our house... It's always so impressive to see that much snow [keep in mind, that yesterday there was only a few spots here and there of snowy patches] Now we're back into the winter wonderland. Again. I played with the idea of decorating for Christmas. But too much work, just for a little joke. Though I suppose I could have made some Christmas cookies. I can do that next time... Because, we all know there will be a next time. It's just a matter of when.

Here is our winter wonderland.









No comments: