Monday, August 2, 2010

One Month Down, One to Go

I shouldn't be surprised that it's already August... Life somehow seems to move in fast forward. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older... I prefer to think that's NOT the reason. It seems for the most part, my friends all agree with me, that yes indeed, life does go by at a rather alarming rate.

So here we are, into August... The days already are growing noticeably shorter. The kids are well into their summer routines. The fighting most days is kept to a minimum. We've conquered a little less than half the things on our "What to do this Summer" list. Of course, we were away for 2 wks in July. The weather hasn't been awesome. There have only been a handful of run through the sprinkler days. The last few days have been rainy and a bit chilly. I hope the rest of the month will pull through, and we'll have some decent days. We've had freaky storms. We've had warnings and watches put in place for our area. [And I do indeed have my emergency stash ready] Let's hope we never need to depend on it. But I do like to be cautious. And I HATE to be interrupted with the emergency broadcast warning in effect, as it was on Friday...

The forecast for the weekend, was rain. But we woke up Saturday morning to bright blue skies and the sun. We headed to Little Bow Provincial Park for the day. We're so glad we did. Although it wasn't hot, it was just fine. I think the temperature topped at about 22°, but we tubed, and boated, and snacked. We had a picnic lunch, a BBQ supper, and got out of there, just as the thunderheads made their way towards us. [Surprise, surprise, but if there wasn't a severe storm warning issued for the Vulcan area] We learned that upon our arrival home that night.

Here are a few pictures from the day at Little Bow.














No comments: