Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last Day of August

I haven't mentioned it in awhile, but I'm still on track with my 'daily documenting'. Can you believe it? Tomorrow will be the start of the 9th month of the year, and I have captured bits and pieces of the 8 months before that. It has been a big commitment, and I'll be honest, some times I look at my camera and I think... "you're despicable".

I have changed the format up a lot, so it's actually kind of fun to go back and look through the album. The pages aren't all exactly the same layout or size. Just like that, a year of our life. Crazy.

Today we're headed out to get Madelyn a pair of indoor shoes to wear to school. I'm also thinking well in advance this year, and I'm on the look-out for snow suits (jackets and pants) and winter boots. One doesn't normally think about these things THIS far in advance, but the furnace has been on for the past 4-5 days, and it's COLD in the morning. My thought is, perhaps if I 'get prepared for the snow and cold' maybe it won't arrive until January. I know, I know, it's wishful thinking. But I'm always the optimist.

I also have to clean some windows today. Check this out...

We have today and tomorrow before school starts. Yikes. Today we ran errands, tried on a few things, so we wouldn't have any surprises on Thursday morning. Below are the shoes Mad picked out, I'm pretty sure the flowers on the bottom of the shoe are what 'sealed the deal' for her. Sending a boy to school with a pair of indoor shoes was easy, runners. But a girl. What a head-ache. What is she going to wear on any given day? A dress? A skirt? Capri pants? Jeans? Skinny jeans? With a boy it's simple. Jeans or cargo pants, both go well with runners. Easy-peasy.

One more day home together. I think we're all about ready to have some of our own space back. [Or perhaps I'm just speaking for myself] There have been far too many squabbles the last few days. And to be honest, I'm extremely tired of their angelic little voices right now. At my wits end... Serenity now...

No comments: