Friday, August 20, 2010

For Today - 20 on the 20th of August 2010

Outside my window... It's chilly again. I think the warmest it got to today was 14°. And there was a chilly wind, but thank goodness, because it was so darn smoggy from all the forest fires in BC, that if there hadn't been a wind, we would have had to stay indoors today!

I am thinking... We have indeed crossed off most of the summer 'things to do' on our list. I'm pretty pleased about that.

I am thankful for... pictures and memories and scrapbooking.

I am wearing... jeans, a t-shirt and a zipped up hoodie.I have my croc slippers on, but my feet are still freezing.

I am remembering... I have to cut out a letter on my Cricuit, to complete the baby album I did for a friend.

I am going... to get up first thing in the morning and go for a walk with a friend.

I am currently reading... The Earth Hums in B Flat by Mari Strachan. I just started it this evening, and so far I'm hooked.

I am hoping... That we'll at least have a decent fall, since spring and summer this year have totally SUCKED.

On my mind... How I can be more prepared with meal plans and make sure to have nutritious healthy lunches and snacks for Mason starting Grade 3. [Making lunches will start up again in less than 2 weeks] Yikes!

Noticing that... There are already leaves on some of the trees changing color... It's just makes me sigh deeply, and sadly.

Pondering these words... You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands. [Isaiah 55:12]

From the kitchen...Tonight we made a quick call to Pizza Hut... Or rather Barry did. I'm afraid I was in a bit of snit when he arrived home at nearly 7 pm.

Around the house... Always something to do. The kids rooms need a good going through, so I'm going to wait until they're both at school. Then things can disappear, and I don't have to worry about being 'caught in the act'. [And don't worry, when I say make things disappear, I mean the crap stuff like McDonald's Toys or dollar store finds...] I'm trying EXTREMELY hard to NOT buy crap stuff, just to buy crap stuff. Now, having said that, I have a cute idea for a little "Hurray - You're going back to school" goodie. You see, clearly I'm part of the problem here.

One of my favorite things: Reading. I've just really enjoyed reading again this summer.

From my picture journal...

This clan went to Calaway Park today. This was a quick pit-stop to sample a new product out by Dairlyland, Cool-Ones Yogurt. My kids gave it a 2 thumbs up!

No comments: