Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Finally, it's Summer!

We had summer today. Seriously. The thermometer in my car said that it was 31°. Holy Cow. This is one of the warmest days of the year, so far... Need I remind anyone that we're more than halfway through August.

We've been in swim lessons all week. Outdoor swim lessons to be more specific. Monday was very pleasant. And by pleasant, I mean, I was quite comfortable in my shorts and tank top. Tuesday, not so much. And by not so much, I mean it was cold. However, my dear Mum took the kids swimming on Tuesday, so I dodged a bullet there. [Thanks again Mum!] Today... Well, today was kind of weird. It started off cool at the pool, though it was sunny without a cloud in the sky. I was thankful for my capris and a zipped up hoodie. However, by the time lessons were over, it had warmed up considerably. By the time we got home, it was even warmer. [There's a trend here] So after lunch we packed up and headed to an outdoor water park. By the time we got there, it was HOT. I have to say, we enjoyed summer ever so much!

These two were having so much fun today! I'm so glad they have each other.

More pretending...

"Mummy, check out my new friend".

This guy is SUCH a card these days. His sense of humor is really beginning to develop. Sometimes I'm on board with it, sometimes not so much. [Unfortunately for him, his 'humor' sometimes comes across as 'sass' and doesn't go over too well] We're working on it though. We set this photo up, you see, he's pretending to run, in front of the no running sign. Hee,hee,hee, we so funny!

Then little Monkey-Do had to get involved. [As in Monkey-See Monkey-Do] But let's face it, it's still kind of funny!

I don't listen to the forecast too much anymore, it just never seems to match up. We just take each day as it comes. Today we lucked out with the water park!

No comments: