Thursday, March 10, 2011

94 Years Young

Today Madelyn and I went over to visit Gigi [she's my Grandma, my Dad's Mum, and the kids Great Grandma, hence Gigi...] Actually, Mason started calling her Gigi, when he was just a little guy, and now 5 little great grand kids later, the name just sorta stuck. We ALL call her that.

Gigi just turned 94. [She's also the same Gigi of the famous Gigi Buns in case you're wondering] Mason also started calling her rolls Gigi Buns, because it was she of course, that made them. That name too, just stuck. She used to make them and send them home for us, and the kids always loved them. Seriously, what's NOT to love about fresh dinner rolls?

So Mad and I went over this afternoon, to celebrate her birthday. Her actual birthday was last week, but getting over for a visit just wasn't in the cards last week. So we picked up some TimBits [Madelyn's idea of course] and headed over. She was thrilled to continue celebrating her birthday, more than a week later. I said "When you're 94, you have to celebrate every chance you get!"

Aside from the fact that she doesn't hear very well, and moves a little slower these days, she does fabulous. She has 5 children, 12 grandchildren, 11 great grandchildren, and one great-great grandchild. She never misses a phone call to myself or my kids on their birthdays. She's sharp as a tack, and remembers everything. It's insane the stuff she remembers. It also makes for some wonderful conversations.

So here is our birthday celebration this afternoon:

I brought candles. Madelyn was so excited about that, she couldn't wait to surprise Gigi.

Mad is completely enamored with the loose 'skin' on Gigi's arms. In fact, most of the little ones are. We always have such a laugh when Miss Maddy jiggles it around. [I'm certainly glad Gigi has a good sense of humor about it]

Us three girls. Doesn't she look great? You'd never know she just turned 94! Pretty good self-timer shot if I do say so myself!

Happy 94th Birthday Gigi!

No comments: