Friday, July 6, 2018

Oh Canada...


For the month of July, this Sahlin Studio, Project Mouse World (Canada)  product is on sale for 40% off.



Kind of timely, considering Canada Day was just a few days ago.

I love where I live. Really. I consider myself very fortunate to be Canadian. To have been lucky enough to have been born in Canada. I see the hardships going on all over the world, and it's heart breaking. People can't help where they're born. My kids have no idea how lucky they are, just to have simply been born here. 

With this featured product kit, I went through photos from years past, and put together this layout. In all honesty, we don't get to the mountains as often as I'd like to. Hockey and Ringette keep us hopping most of the fall/winter. 

The summer is a beautiful time to visit, but of course, the tourists... It's ridiculously busy. Everywhere. So we do try to avoid certain places through the summer months. Also, convincing two teenagers that they need to be in the car by 7 am, at the latest, so we can be somewhere and find a place to park, and do a hike... Well, that doesn't fly well here. [We do torture them with this scenario on occasion, but not quite as often as we'd like to]

But when we do get to the mountains, breath in that fresh mountain air, it's pretty soothing. [Maybe not quite as soothing as listening to waves crash in while inhaling that salty sea air, but soothing nonetheless...] 

As much as I love the water, I don't live anywhere near it. I realized a few years ago, that if we ever moved away from here and from the mountains, I would miss the mountains and long for them, as much as I do the sea... 

Similar to the 'I have straight hair and wish it was curly...' All the curly haired girls wish their' hair was straight. 

For now, the mountains are right outside our door. We literally have, wide open spaces. The mountains are a beautiful back drop to our city, a mere 45 minute car ride away.

How lucky we are: 



The following Sahlin Studio product was used: 

https://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-World-Canada.html 

No comments: