Monday, July 30, 2018

Weekend Camping & PL2018 - Week 23


We just got back home from an impromptu camping trip. 

Since we've had our little trailer, we've booked or reserved sites on-line. Most campgrounds we've been to, are full to capacity. Not a chance of getting in. If you haven't planned in advance, forget about it.

25 years ago, you could decide you wanted to go camping on a wednesday for an upcoming weekend. You could head out after work on Friday and have no problem finding a spot. Those days seem to be far behind us. If you've driven on any highway and watched the steady stream of RV's driving by, you see what I'm talking about.  

So, for us to decide to camp last minute, and then have it work out, was most pleasant. 

For the most part, we had great weather, three of us and the dog got caught in a down pour, but we all lived to tell the tale. 

This little campground had no services, and only outhouses. We camped with my parents and my brother, who all have RV's larger than ours. M&D were kind enough to let us use their RV for the occasional bathroom break. A hot mug of coffee handed to me first thing each morning, was awesome. 

I think my other favourite thing about the weekend was there was no cell service. So we were completely unplugged for 3 days. That doesn't happen very often these days. I'm surprised at how nice it was to get away from everything for a few days. 

Here are a few photos from the weekend: 












On to week 23 of my project life album: 

  • We may have underestimated how long it would take us to get the girl to school, but she asked if she could do, 'Ride your Bike to School Day' and I said yes. 15 km for her, and 30 for me...
  • Field trip downtown. Such a nice day. [Though I did misplace my group of kids for a bit... Much less stressful when they're grade 7 and not seven years old]
  • Mad was part of the choir that sung a few songs for volunteer appreciation night. 
  • We're seeing so many little baby goslings on our thursday walks. The baby's are cute, the parents are pretty cranky.  
The following Sahlin Studio products were used:

You Are Here Kit - http://the-lilypad.com/store/you-are-here-kit.html

No comments: