Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Phew...

It comes and it goes. Just like that. Every year.

We had a wonderful Christmas. The kids were both off school at noon on the 17th, so we've had lots of time to kick back and relax.

It's take a little over a week, but the kids are starting to bug one another a little bit. Both of them have told each other, "I need to have some alone time right now". [I just wish they could say it without yelling] We've had more 'jammie days' than I care to think about. Getting Miss Madelyn dressed right now, it a chore in itself. Quite frankly it's one fight I'm tired of fighting...

We started Christmas Eve off with a family skate. Barry's brother rents ice time and organizes a little get together. The kids love it. I think this is the 4th year of the Christmas Eve skate.

Madelyn had a great time skating with her cousin Siera. She, just like her brother was on the ice for nearly 2 full hours. Her Aunt's and Uncle's skated her around the rink on the end of a hockey stick. Surprisingly, she still has knees in her snow pants. Then there was hot chocolate and coffee to warm up with, along with yummy snacks of course!

This year, Mason fit right in with his big cousins, and Uncle's. He skated hard the entire ice time, just coming in for the occasional drink. Love those healthy red cheeks!

Mason helped me do some last minute tidying, as we prepared to host Xmas Eve at our place. He got his ipod shuffle for his birthday back in June. Right now it's fully loaded with Christmas songs. I don't even think he realized that this picture was even taken. But he does now know the value of house work with music!

We had our house full of family on Xmas Eve. A good time was had by all.

The fellas retreated to play cards later on.

The cousin shot... This picture was taken at 11:40 pm, the one bonus, Madelyn and Siera were in their jammies, but were still going strong...

All went well on Xmas Eve. The kids stayed up WAY TOO LATE. They got way too spoiled. Christmas morning came WAY TOO FAST, especially for the Mummy & Daddy. I'm just thankful that our kids don't wake us up at 4 or 5 am... I think we got the morning wake up poke at 8:30 am. Totally do-able. [Once the coffee smell begins to waft up the stairs that is] Here is a picture from Christmas morning. Two favorite gifts from M&D.

I purchased this book a few days earlier. Imagine my surprise to open it up Christmas morning! [At least Barry knew I wanted it. It was a sure to wrap something I'd already bought]

My Mum, Dad and brother came over late in the afternoon, for dinner and more present opening... And I'm sorry to say, they get to see the very worst of 2 little kids, that are over tired and spoiled... Needless to say, there were some tears. We need to do something different, because my side of the family always gets the brunt of the late night before terrors. I'm going to have to figure something out for next year, so everyone can have an enjoyable time.Waiting for turkey dinner. Posing with his new AT AT Walker. This is what Santa brought.

Patient Uncle Chris. Getting all the in's and out's of a new DS game explained to him.

And this is what the last couple of days have looked like. There's been lots of Star Wars play, visiting, eating, video gaming. We've enjoyed the time together for sure.

We've even got to play this awesome Lego game a few times. [Yes, me too] It's actually quite a lot of fun once you get the hang of it.

The weather has once again cooled off, and is snowing. We're going to take advantage of that and hunker down. We still have some presents to open and try out! The kids are ITCHING to buy something with the few gift cards they've received. I'm trying to hold them off until the malls aren't so ridiculously busy!

No comments: