Saturday, December 11, 2010

12 on the 12th, December 2010

How disappointing... My last 10 on the 10th of 2010 and I missed it by a couple of days. Do I know it's coming up? Why of course I do. Life just seems to get in the way sometimes. So, I'm just adapting to the date. I can do that, no problem.

1. I love white twinkling lights. I love this time of year, to hear Christmas carols on the radio, to sing along and belt out my favourite tunes. I love driving around, and seeing every one's lovely decorations and lights. It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

2. This past week, ended up being a write off. Madelyn was sick on Sunday, and the bug seemed to not want to leave her system. She ended up being sick Monday, Tuesday, Thursday night and Friday. Needless to say, all the things I had on my list of "to-do's" got left undone. Never too sick to pose with BFF Girafee...

3. I'm not sure exactly what it is about this time of year, but everything tastes yummier and more festive. I've made peppermint brownies, gingersnaps, pretzel cookies, nuts and bolts and sugar cookies this past week (Hmmm, stay at home with a sick kid much???) That's hilarious!


4. I can't believe how darn quick and easy my new Crock Pot Nuts and Bolts Recipe is. How how yummy they are!! Eeks!


5. I am on the countdown myself, for December 17th... [The last day of school for the kids.] Because from the 18th to January 2nd, my alarm clock won't be waking me up with the news of death and destruction. In fact, my alarm clock won't be waking me up period... Tee,hee,hee... It will be the lazy days of Christmas sleeping in... [I think I hear angels singing when I say that]

6. I'm hosting Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at my house, and I already have lists of what needs to be done, and when it needs to be done by. It's nearly 2 wks away, and I feel completely organized. [Wait, are those the angels singing again???]

7. I haven't received a single Christmas card in the mail... [Not even yours Sylvia, which is highly unusual] But, having said that I haven't sent mine out yet either. That's on Mondays list of things to do. I'd love to share a peak, but that would spoil the fun of actually getting it and opening it!

8. Almost all of my Christmas shopping is done, despite this past weeks set-back. I am totally loving on-line shopping... Easy-peasy-lemon-squeazy... Not to mention, that renewing magazine subscriptions isn't all that taxing.

9. This afternoon, we're headed to the Calgary Hitmen Game, for the Annual Teddy Bear Toss. I can't wait to see the looks on the kids when the first goal is scored. Check this out. I hope in the excitement, I'll be able to capture a decent picture or two...

10. I walked into the kitchen yesterday, while Mason was on the phone with Ama... I think they were setting up a "play date". All I know for sure, it there was very specific conversation going on, and Mason was pointing to the dates on the calendar [all the while, dressed up like Spiderman] I think it's funny, that he already knows, at 8 years old, that the calendar is the hub to our social life...

11. I LOVE my new camera. In fact, I don't even know if love is a strong enough word. Don't get me wrong, I'm completely un-qualified to be using it. I can barely lift the manual... But I have figured out a few things, and the pictures are phenomenal. Happy Birthday to me!! [Yes, it took me 8 months to do it, but that just doesn't matter] What matters, is I finally did it. I love you camera...

12. Last night, we went to our final Christmas party. [We have been to 3 this year] We went here
I can't believe how much fun it was. I can't believe how much fun I had with a bunch of people I'd never met before... Could it be I'm cracking out of my shell a little bit? Any way, you get to sing at the top of your lungs, and it's AWESOME... Can't wait to go back with friends. A definite date night destination. [If you like SUPER loud music and singing out loud that is]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures, they are beautiful! And I am with you on the white lights, but I do love the color ones too. This year we put the old fashioned color ones on the outside of our house (you know, those with the GIANT bulbs, ha!). :-)