Monday, December 20, 2010

For Today - December 20th, 2010

Outside my window... The sun is shining, the sky is bright and blue. Everything is covered in freshly fallen snow. It looks lovely.

I am thinking... I've got a few more parcels to wrap, then I have to get serious about my grocery list. I'm also thinking I CAN'T WAIT for appies tonight, with my girls...

I am thankful for... family and friends.

I am wearing... Jammies... Yes it's nearly noon. But guess what... My kids are off school until January 3rd! Woohoo!

I am remembering... I still have 2 more presents to buy for the kids.... [shhhh if you promise not to tell, a Star Wars lego thingy for Mason and a magic kit for Madelyn]

I am going... to have a shower and get dressed eventually today. I'm dropping the kids off at my Mum's for a sleep-over. Then I'm going to spend the evening with my girl friends. [Woohoo!!]

I am currently reading... Nothing. Not a thing. Still about 3 pages into the book I started last month. Just haven't had the time to pick it up and get interested in it.

I am hoping... That everything goes smoothly over the next week, with hosting people on Christmas Eve and then having my family Christmas Day... My belly is already anticipating being filled beyond capacity on both those days... [And I'm already thinking about this... Do you realize this recipe calls for LEFT OVER turkey? That's how far ahead I'm thinking. I made it last year, and trust me, you WILL NOT be disappointed]

On my mind...Food, it would seem.

Noticing that... Every thing looks so beautiful with a light dusting of snow. Anything that was dirty a few days ago, now sparkles in the sun. LOVE all the twinkling lights at this time of year.

Pondering these words...


O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining.
Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, the night when Christ was born;
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!

From the kitchen...My counter is going to collapse, with all the baking I have on it. Enough already!

Around the house...Continuous Christmas music, and listening to Madelyn sing along. I can't believe how many words she knows to so many songs.

One of my favorite things: The anticipation of Santa's arrival. I LOVE listening to the kids talk about it. It's so magical.

From my picture journal...


[LOVE this picture]

No comments: