Monday, May 17, 2010

Yummy Lunch Ideas!


I made these for my kids a few weekends ago. Muffin Tin lunches. I wasn't totally sure what the reaction would be... Wasn't sure if my nearly 8 year old would be 'too old' for a fun, muffin tin lunch. [As it turned out, I didn't need to worry] I came across a blog, some time ago, featuring Muffin Tin Mondays, check it out here.


[He assured me he was DEFINITELY NOT too old, and enjoyed it very much. Can you tell by the look on his face?]


Even little Miss Thing was more excited about food than usual, which is a good thing.

My problem with "Muffin Tin Monday" is this: I have one child in school full time, and one at home. I didn't think it would be fair to leave Mason out of the fun. Therefore, we can't call it Muffin Tin Monday... As he's in school most Monday's (oh the fun we'll have this summer!) I debated on calling Sunday's Muffin Tin Sunday, which sounds pretty good, (and it rhymes) which of course I like. I just don't want to HAVE to do it on a Sunday, I wanted it to be a bit more flexible. So, we decided to do Muffin Tin Weekends. I tried to tell the kids it won't happen on BOTH days, but I may have inadvertently created a monster... Why you ask. Well, Barry wanted to take us out for lunch, this past weekend, but both kids insisted on going home for a muffin tin lunch. Let's face it, I'm the one who truly benefits from a lunch out... Gives me a bit of a break. And now they're INSISTING on eating at home. Which is kind of funny.

The other funny thing, is that both of them ate EVERY. SINGLE. THING. in their respective muffin tins. Everything. It made it fun and exciting, and it's all they can talk about it. So I'm pleased that I tried it, and I'm pleased that I found a fun way to feed them 1-2 days a week. And to be honest, they were fun to do. It wasn't that much of a hardship to come home and feed them lunch. Though if I have to choose again between dining out and a muffin tin lunch, I'm taking dining out!

No comments: