1. I can't for the life of me figure out why children would rather disobey and deal with the consequences they KNOW are coming. It's called the 'follow through'. It's one thing we've agreed on, and hold true to, in our quest of parenting. And right now, Madelyn has locked herself in the bathroom and is refusing to open the door for Barry. Eeks...
2. I am remembering EXACTLY why I wasn't too keen on signing the kids up in soccer this year... Right now the sky is cloudy, the temperature is hovering near 8°, and I'm thinking I was crazy to be so optimistic.
3. [3 hours later] Now that soccer is finished for the evening, I over-dressed everyone way too much (thank goodness for the layers) We didn't freeze our butts off, but we did watch a fascinating evening at soccer, in which Madelyn played very little soccer at all... VERY reminiscent of a little boy I used to know at 3 playing soccer.
4. I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now, and I don't know why. Could be the scrapbooking I want to catch up on. Could be the clutter I want to get rid of (that's right people, I'm still complaining about clutter!)
5. Today I had my first afternoon at home, all by myself. And I must say, it is blissful to have a quiet house to one's self.
6. I'm on day 8 of the Wild Rose Cleanse, and still going strong. I don't care if I ever see green tea again right now. I desperately want to not enjoy my morning coffee so much, but I do... And I discovered if I add a little soy milk in, replacing my actual milk, it tastes pretty good. Maybe I could switch over to black coffee.
7. I watched Grey's Anatomy the other night, and for the first time was kind of bored by it. (Plus, I heard rumors that McDreamy is leaving the show, and to be honest, he and McSteamy are the ONLY reason I keep tuning in)
8. Having said that, Barry and I watched "Move That Bus" last night... You know that show? Where they completely redo some nice deserving family's home. The one with the guy who watched far too much Dora over the years, because all he does is yell. Yeah, don't care for that guy. And after an hour realized, still don't care for the show. [And no, didn't make me cry, though I can't say the same for the fella sitting next to me]. Are you mad at me for saying that Hun?
9. I am waiting patiently to wear capri pants, short sleeved shirts and even a pair of shorts. I'm tired of being bundled up all the time.
10. Spring is my favourite time of the year. Things are growing, coming back to life, up out of the ground. The birds are singing, it just seems happy. Now if it could just get on with it already!