Thursday, May 20, 2010

For Today - May 20th, 2010

Outside my window... It's cloudy and overcast, not a great forecast for the first long weekend of the season.

I am thinking... Madelyn got up WAY too early this morning, and has melted down 3 times already at 9:33 am. Not a great forecast for the day...

I am thankful for...a 4 day long weekend

I am wearing...Capri sweats and tank and a zip up hoodie.

I am remembering... A salad that my Grama used to make, with chopped up tomato's and green onions, possibly Miracle Whip? I don't think I could duplicate it. I wish I could ask her about it.

I am going... to the mall today, to mooch around with the girl. It's our only free day.

I am currently reading...Secrets of Eden by Chris Bohjalian

I am hoping...that I can figure out how to be more patient, instead of sitting here guilt ridden, wishing I'd acted more patiently with Madelyn.

On my mind... I have to get out and weed my garden, because after a few warm days, the weeds are totally overtaking the stuff that's supposed to be growing.

Noticing that...Creating Keepsakes magazine has seemingly gone from a monthly issue to a by-monthly issue. Not happy about that.

Pondering these words... Learning to trust in the powers greater than me. To know that both the good and the bad are placed in my path for a reason. Knowing each day I am given the opportunity to grow. To believe that I can choose to be great. To appreciate that I am right where I should be.

From the kitchen... Got a request for Macaroni and Cheese for supper tonight. [Though when I make my 'home made' macaroni and cheese, I know they'll say what they wanted was Kraft Dinner]

Around the house... Everything is nice and tidy. I have to sort out my scrapbook room. Looks rather scary in there.

One of my favorite things: Getting mail.

From my picture journal...



This is a picture of one of the baby Great Horned Owls. So far they're doing well. The Daddy owl has taken over and is teaching them now to fly and hunt for themselves. They cause quite a ruckus at sundown. I took a picture of this little guy from our back yard.




No comments: