Friday, April 30, 2010

Birthday Girl

My baby is turning 5... I used to say I had a a 5 year old and a 2 year old... Now the 2 year old IS the 5 year old, which means now I say I have an 8 year old and a 5 year old... Wow. One minute they're babies, the next minute they want their own independence... (Just to keep the story straight, Mason isn't actually 8 for 2 more months, I'm rounding up).

Last weekend, we celebrated Mad's birthday at the Art Centre. It was terrific. The kids all had so much fun making their own clay projects. Now, we just have to wait to get them back.

Our theme was butterflies this year. That's what she asked for, so that's what she got. The invite, the cake, the party theme. Her invite turned out super cute. [If I do say so myself]



We'd been to a birthday party at the Art Centre in December, and it was such a great idea, we copied it for ourselves. It's the first party I've had for Madelyn, out of the house. It was nice to arrive, party, and leave. My house didn't look like a war zone when we returned home. Funny how that happens, even with a bunch of little girls!

This weekend will be her actual birthday... She will be five. My baby. It's no wonder people keep having babies... That gets over really fast in the whole scheme of things.

No comments: