Saturday, April 10, 2010

10 on the 10th - April 2010

1. The wind COMPLETELY sucks my will to live. And to be totally honest, I don't recall a day that we haven't been blessed with it's relentlessness (including our time in ArEEEzona)

2. It's humorous trying to explain what 'sarcastic' means to my kids. For example, when I woke up this morning and surprise, surprise it was windy, I said something along the lines of "Excellent, another windy day". And Mace said "But I thought you didn't like the wind..." And I said, "You're right, I don't" and he wanted to know why did I say it was excellent then...

3. Since coming home from Phoenix (only Wednesday) I've been in my capri pants. Yes it has snowed since. Yes the storm would have been considered a blizzard had the temperatures been colder. Yes there is STILL snow on the ground... But I will not be discouraged by the cold. (And I'm sure my capri pants and Uggs are going to make it into next years fashion trends)

4. When we left Ama & Baba at the airport Wednesday night, they stood and faithfully waited as we meandered through the security check. After we finally got through and were ready to make our way to the gate, we waved good-bye one last time and turned around the corner where.... BOTH KIDS BURST INTO TEARS about how much they were going to miss Ama & Baba.

5. What is it exactly about the weekend? 5 days a week I have to pry myself out of bed to get Mason up and ready for school, but come Saturday morning, my eyes pop open at 7:15am. [Of COURSE I don't get up...] I'm just say'in, it would be nice to sleep in without waking up.

6. After living in very tight quarters for 18 days, with 3 other people. Now back at home I feel a bit like royalty. We can all be in the house together and actually NOT see one another!

7. I have some serious catching up to do with my 365 documenting... But I am caught up to March 19th, which I think is pretty darn commendable.

8. Tonight for dinner I made Lettuce Wraps and I have to say, I think I'd give Joey Tomato's a run for their money. They were THAT good. I might even be finished ordering them when I go to Joey's because I think I'll just be disappointed.

9. I am a procrastinator. [that's the lead in to the following story] I had intended to treat myself to a new pair of sunglasses during our trip to the USA. I shopped and looked, I tried sunglasses on. I tried on more. I found a pair I liked. But did I buy them? No... Why on earth would I do that? Partly because the high cost... Partly because I don't do anything that rash... Partly because I still LOVE my 14+year old sunglasses...[that's right people 14+ years with the same glasses] So as were stood at the airport waiting for our bags to come off the luggage carousel (at 12:45 am with two VERY sleepy kids) my old faithful sunglasses fell off my head and onto the tile floor. And this is what they now look like. But do I have a replacement pair? No, of course not and now I'll have to pay Canadian prices to get new ones.... Good-bye old friend, indeed you'll have your own scrapbook page.

10. Madelyn was in a fowl mood today. In fact, she even drew her thoughts in a picture for us. Can't say that this girl doesn't know how to explain her feelings can we?


No comments: