Monday, March 1, 2010

The 1st of March

It is hard to believe that we've already hit March 1st. It seems like I keep blinking, and it's a new day.

I dare say, the weather has been delightful around this neck of the woods. I know, I know, I shouldn't say that out loud. But Mr. Groundhog apparently DID NOT see his shadow this year, which is supposed to mean, an early spring. Check it out HERE. [fingers crossed please for an early spring] I think we're due. I would be immensely over joyed, to not have to put on a toque one more time this year. I won't feel bad if we didn't have to pick up a snow shovel again. (Or scrap car windows or let cars run for 15 minutes before you leave the house) The older I get, the more I feel the chill, and the happier I am to stay indoors. Which is kind of funny to say. We used to be avid skiers growing up. LOVED to go tobogganing. Had fun at outdoor rinks. But even with the Uggs, my feet get cold. So I'd love to say GOOD-BYE winter, and hello spring.

And it's especially easy to get into the mood, when you can pick up lovely tulips like these while you're standing in line at the grocery store. So lucky!


We were back to skating lessons this weekend. We did this session of lessons at the U of C - Olympic Oval. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. Since January, we've seen numerous speed skating competitions, and I'm sure some of the Olympic athletes were there practicing. It gave the kids a sense of what speed skating is all about. The whole Vancouver 2010 thing was awesome, and we all got totally caught up in it. Talk about Canadian pride.

Here's the girl:

Here's the boy:

Here's the two of them, standing by the torch burning outside the Oval. So neat to see. For those of us that fondly remember the '88 Olympics in Calgary, we've enjoyed getting caught up in the excitement again. This might be the last time we see the games so close to us. It was great to experience it with the kids.

On to the MOST IMPORTANT topic of today. Tonight is the finale of The Bachelor... If you haven't watched it this season, treat yourself tonight. It's like a car crash. I guarantee that you will not be able to stop yourself from watching it, once you start. My bet is.....[drum roll] He picks Vienna...And I'm betting it doesn't last. There, that's my prediction. She's not exactly what I'd call 'marrying material'. {Which is the ENTIRE reason I thought he came on the show...} But who knows... Let's face it, you see one smidgen of the real thing. And maybe they'll be blissfully happy. I hope who ever he chooses, that they'll be happy together. And I'm SO glad that I don't EVER have to go through the dating scene again. Thanks honey!!

No comments: