Friday, June 5, 2009

Road Trip

We're heading to Medicine Hat this weekend, to visit a girlfriend and her kids. We woke up this morning to a dismal grey day, it's raining and it's COLD. That's right people, we dipped down to -1° last night. Sheesh, I don't know why we're so lucky. One day tank tops and shorts the next days turtle necks and down vests... Any way the crummy weather is supposed to last through out the weekend, so we've picked a good one to be away. The last time we stayed at a hotel with the kids my last words were "NEVER AGAIN..." That was 3 years ago, both of us had to pretend to go to sleep, just to get them to lie down. Painful... So, I'm hoping that this experience will be a bit better. Our hotel has this, so I'm hopeful that the kids won't fight going to sleep because I'm optimistic that they'll be absolutely and utterly exhausted by bedtime.
Once the kids are in bed, the adults will be able to connect. Chat, catch up, and enjoy one another a little bit. We're getting the better bargain, we're coming from Calgary, where it's only a 3 hour drive. The other party coming from Regina, has at best a 4 1/2 hour drive.

I've taken the time to scope out Starbucks, the city mall and of course a couple of scrapbook stores. Funny that while I'm at home, I can't seem to get to the scrap stores, but go out of town, and I'll do my best to try and get to one...

Oh well, should have some fun pictures to post next week.

No comments: