Monday, March 30, 2020

December Daily 2019


This post is a few months overdue.  

My 2019 December Daily album is complete. [cue angels singing here...]

We are nearly through March, but better late than never I say. And I wanted to share it here on my blog. 

After all, what else is there to do right now? 

I don't have a binder. Didn't order one. Currently, it's being held together by 2 large binder rings. I don't plan to get a binder. I might create chipboard covers for the front and back. I might replace the binder rings with zip ties. I might just leave it like this. Right now, I don't really care. I'm just glad that the album is done. 

This year, I didn't document day-by-day. Rather, I documented story-by-story. It was such a refreshing way to look at this project. It took a lot of the stress away. In fact, I had more story ideas than days of the month. Then time got away from me, and I just wanted this album done and put away. 

I had ordered Document December product from EllesStudio. I loved the journal cards, paper, stickers, numbers and plastic shapes that were part of her kit. I will definitely use EllesStudio product again in the future. I used product I have accumulated from from past years, some of which were ali edwards, paislee press, studio calico. I used digital product from both Sahlin Studio and Sahin Designs.  Other than the Document December stuff that was purchased, I didn't buy a thing. Though I did look for Christmasy vellum/transparencies. I would have loved more of those 'see through' elements. But found nothing like that available. 

I also have a mixture of typed journalling and hand written journalling. 

Guys, this is my favourite album yet. I am so happy with how it turned out. 

Let's have a look... 








 























Pull out tab for the next two pages, story 17 talks about Madelyn and Ama's annual gingerbread house decorating, which almost didn't happen this year. I'm so glad Madelyn insisted.

Story 18 was about Madelyn's friend group at school. How they all decided to do a secret santa, and everyone got and received such thoughtful gifts.





Another pull out tab here, about how Barry knows my love of the silly Hallmark movies, and ordered these socks for me and then gave them to me when they arrived. So appreciate his thoughtfulness.








This is one of my most favourite pages, and was definitely a labour of love. There was no way I could print small enough to add things to the calendar of this card, included in EllesStudio, but I knew I wanted to use it, because it has December 2019 on it. 

I printed out all these photos, cut them out and glued them on this page.  Mostly they're pictures that got added on the day they were taken, dr appt for me, candles on sale at Bath and Bodyworks, clothing club Christmas Exchange, Trex group at the Nutcracker, etc. 

It really only means something to me, and I'm totally cool with that. 

Like I said, this is my favourite album I've created for December Daily so far. 

I'm so glad it's finished.

No comments: