Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Changing Times and Happy St. Patrick's Day

Wow. A lot has happened since my last post, 5 days ago.

COVID-19 has become a full fledged Pandemic, and people are behaving in a very unattractive fashion. It makes me embarrassed for mankind. 

In the past 5 days, the following things have happened: 

Friday - March 13, 2020
  • Provincials for U16B in Leduc, Alberta were cancelled
  • Ringette Alberta and Calgary Ringette cancelled the remainder of the season. 
  • Postponement notice from CBE of all school and and sporting events. 
  • Bamfield trip for Grade 9's, cancelled at 4 pm [they were scheduled to leave sunday morning]
  • Hockey Calgary cancelled the remainder of the hockey season. 
Saturday March 14th, 2020 
  • Girl Guide meetings and events, cancelled until mid April. 
Sunday - March 15th, 2020
  • All CBE classes cancelled immediately and indefinitely. [The official email arrived at 8:13 pm]
Monday - March 16th, 2020
  • Calgary Public Library closed
  • All city Pools/Rinks/Recreation Centres closed. 
  • Heritage Park, closed.
  • Calgary Zoo, closed.
  • COP/Winsport, closed.
  • Nakisha ski resort, closed. 
  • No more sitting in coffee shops [Tim's/Starbuck's]
  • No more dine in eating, Earl's. 
  • State of emergency address from the Prime Minister

Tuesday - March 17th, 2020
  • Landmark Cinemas, closed. 
  • Nordstrom stores across North America, closed. 
There was a lot happening before last friday, most sporting events across North America were postponed. Most events that were to take place, the ballet, theatre, concert etc, have been postponed. Last Thursday this became known as a Pandemic...  

I could have lived my whole life without having put that on my life list.

I'm doing my best to not panic, for my kids sake. But I have to tell you, acting like everything is normal is absolutely exhausting right now. 

Let's all do our part, to keep hands washed. Stay away from others. Be kind and thoughtful to people who are worse off than we are. Let's all just take a deep breath, and give our worries over to God. [Easier said than done, I feel like I'm levitating right now]  

Take this one day at a time. One hour at a time. 

Currently working on things I can control, such as: 

I will have spring cleaned the heck out of my house. 
Making meals for my people.
Digital scrapbooking.
Walking the doggo.
Sorting through rooms and things that are way over do.

This too shall pass... 

Oh, and happy St. Patrick's Day. 






No comments: