Thursday, January 9, 2020

Midnight | Sahin Designs

Happy 2020!

It seems crazy to say that date out loud. It will likely take me months to get it right. 

I created a layout as part of the creative gallery for Sahin Designs, using her Midnight Collection. 

Here is my first layout of the new year, documenting, New Year's Eve.


Like I say in my journaling, I was preparing for this. Knowing sooner or later, our kids will want to be elsewhere as the 'ball drops'. 

Mason went to his girlfriends house, so it was just the 3 of us. 

Madelyn has been itching to go to Zoo Lights this year. 

When the kids were little, we went every year. It was part of our December tradition, but as they got older, schedules got busier, this wasn't very high on the priority list. 

We figured New Year's Eve was a good time to go. And it was. Not too cold, and it wasn't as busy as it's been in past years. We spent about an hour there, maybe slightly more. We checked out all the light displays, sat by a fire or two, then checked out the gift shop. Done and done. I think Madelyn enjoyed having us all to herself. 

Later on, we went and watched the fire works they were setting off the Calgary Tower. It wasn't spectacular, perhaps we were simply too far away. We had a great view. 

After that we picked Mason up. 

Before we know it, there'll just be two of us again, at the stroke of midnight.

I used the following Sahin Designs product: 

Midnight Elements: https://sahindesigns.com/products/midnight-elements/


No comments: