Saturday, November 20, 2010

For Today - November 20th, 2010

Outside my window... Snow. Lots of snow... Lots. But the sun is shining, and everything is kind of sparkling, and it makes me feel festive.

I am thinking... I need to get my lists going, so I know where I'm at for Christmas, which is right around the corner.

I am thankful for... a warm house.

I am wearing...Jeans, long sleeved tee and a hoodie.

I am remembering...how much work getting on and off snow pants/jackets/mitts/toques/scarves/boots etc, two little ones is.

I am going... to dinner with friends tonight. The old "Christmas Table Gang". Looking forward to it! Getting together once a year just doesn't cut it!

I am currently reading... The book of Negros, but I'm about 3 pages in, and have been for a week and a half. But I did read a book called Sh*t my Dad Says, and it was hilarious.

I am hoping... Everyone I know will be safe on these less than ideal road conditions right now.

On my mind...I'm going to attempt Oreo Truffle cookies...

Noticing that... There are so many things about Christmas that are so materialistic. We're going to try very hard this season, to do things for the right reason, and to let our kids know exactly why we're doing them.

Pondering these words... Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right and forget the ones that don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, then take it, if it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it. ~ anonymous

From the kitchen...Going through my Christmas baking recipes, and trying to decide what I'll make this year. So many ideas as usual!

Around the house...It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. Last night we had Friday night fun food and decorated the Christmas tree. Such fun.

One of my favorite things: Not having to leave the house except for kid drop off and pick up... I can begin to say how grateful I am that I'm not amongst the work force that has a 1-2 hour commute to and from work in this weather!

From my picture journal...




No comments: