1. Wow. It's June. We're officially 6 months into the year. How does that happen? Where does the time go? And the only reason we know it's June around here, is because the calendar says so. It feels more like February outside (minus the windchill of course)
2. Last night I went to Kindergarten Orientation for Madelyn. She's starting school in the fall. Where did those 5 years go? When she was born, and a wee little baby, the thought of starting school was so far away. And now, it's right around the corner.
3. We woke up to rain again today. It's cloudy, rainy and cold. I'm trying not to let this push my mood into a particular direction, but I'm having a hard time with it. Is it too much to ask for a string of nice days in a row?
4. Mason has 11 more days of school before he starts summer vacation. I'm so looking forward to the break of our daily routine. It gives us a chance to be a bit more lazy, to be a bit more lounge-y. We don't have to rush, and I'm sure the kids are tired of hearing me say "We're going to be late" [said with THAT tone] on a fairly regular basis. And by regular, at least once a day I'm sure.
5. We've got 2 more weeks of soccer to go... 6 wks down, 2 to go. I'm pretty pleased with msyelf for having pushed through 4 nights/week of soccer. [Once soccer is finally finished, they won't have to hear me screech about getting changed into their soccer gear, shoes on, shin pads on. I won't be yelling "C'mon, we're gonna be late..."]
6. What summer vacation means for me, is later nights... Because I'll be able to sleep in a bit. Nothing crazy, but I'm most productive (scrapbooking, for example) in the evening. Right now I force myself to go to bed, which is hard if I'm in the zone. [I tend not to be at my friendliest in the morning, and it's even worse with lack of sleep.] During summer, the kids can get up, and do their thing, while I have an extra hour of sleep each morning. That one hour, does wonders people...
7. Have I mentioned that I went to Kindergarten Orientation last night? And I actually sat there and teared up... Whoa, some of you are thinking, she teared up? I know. Weird but true. [I'm obviously pre-menstral]
8. I made cookies. Chocolate Chip Cookies. And they were good. I made them for Barry, whom often complains that I never make just plain chocolate chip cookies. I got the recipe from this book. The actual recipe name is Hunka Chunka Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies... How could you possibly resist a name like that? I made them, and the recipe made about 5 1/2 dozen cookies [eat to your hearts content Bar] The recipe said it makes about 18 large cookies... How large would they be? I can't quit thinking about it, because I made 60+ regular size cookies...
9. There is no way Madelyn is going to be able to wear all the cute summer clothes she has. If you noticed my gripe in #3, it's been cold. I like to say Arctic cold, though many disagree. But we have cute dresses, sundresses, shorts, capris, tank tops, sandals... And right now we're wearing anything that has polar fleece on it somewhere.
10. I need to make a trip to Ikea. I need to get there early. My kids are totally pumped about staying in the child-care portion. I wonder how often you can drop them off for an hour, before they say, "Excuse me, Candy... You can't come here every day..." Tee,hee,hee.