Friday, July 24, 2009

Wow - I'm a digital Scrapbooker!

I am SO excited. I have finished taking Jessica Sprague's class, and it was invaluable to me. To make it even sweeter, the class was completely FREE! At the end of the class, I actually thought, I should be paying her! I've come away with a much better understanding of Photoshop Elements. I'm still in the elementary stages, but I have to say, I'm thrilled with the knowledge I have taken away. I would HIGHLY recommend taking a class from her. You can find her website here. Go. Now. Have a poke around. You might find yourself as pleased as I am. To the untrained eye, I even look like a digital master! (To my kids and family and friends, that's ALL I want!) And it's been so much fun.
I love the traditional process of scrapbooking. I love picking out paper, creating layouts, embellishing, but I also love the idea of being able to collage my pictures together. Right now, I feel quite confident, that I can do that and more! I'll post the last few assignments we did, and a couple I've worked on - ON MY OWN! With, GASP, my new found knowledge of PSE! Woohoo!

Adding text AND texture onto photograph, as well as a frame.
Selective spot coloring.
Storyboard (in real life this is 12"wide and 18" long)

This was one I whipped up on my own, from a template I'd saved eons ago from Scrapbooks Etc. I documented the first week of our Mara Lake trip. That's not a holiday I'm soon to forget.

This was the last assignment for Jessica's class. It was a 9 square collage. I think this turned out really neat. I just changed Madelyn's room into a big girl room. That's right, we just took her crib and change table out... Last night she slept in her big girl bed for the first time, and was ecstatic. But it's not easy when your 'baby' is leaving babyhood behind. I had to document it of course.

This is another template I found for free on the internet. Maybe bhgscrapbooks etc too... Not sure. But I'm THRILLED with how this turned out. Beyond thrilled actually.
Thanks Jessica Sprague!!

No comments: