Saturday, July 4, 2009

SPOILER - This is nothing but complaining....

Well...I'm not even sure where to begin. We've been at our beautiful sunny destination now for an entire week. Almost to the hour. The weather has been splendid. My hubby brought his computer for work, THANK GOODNESS, and being able to blog isn't one of the websites that's locked from his computer. (It is a work computer after all) The dreamy thing, is I've also been able to keep up on all my blogs. I love my blogs. I love a glimpse into the lives of those around me.
But that's where my accolades stop... Because my daughter is STILL sick. That's right. Still... I'm about ready to give up. I am at a total loss of what to do. Since Monday (June 29th) we've emptied the puke bucket so many times I've lost track. There have been too many instances of explosive diarrhea to count. We've been to the pharmacy almost every day. We've been to the Emergency, Shuswap Hospital once, and I've been to the laundromat 3 times, to do loads of bedsheets. (funny, because this year we brought all our own bedding so we wouldn't have to make a trip to the laundromat...) Each morning Barry and I have woken up, looked at each other, and thought, "Today is the day". But no. Today is not the day, nor was yesterday, or the day before. And the crumby thing is, it's become Africa hot, and NO ONE wants to feel this crummy when the weather is hot...
I'm not sure where to start. Our first day and a half out here, awesome. I don't have ANY pictures as of yet, of Maddy at the beach, or in the boat, or making sandcastles, or in the tube, or anything, but I have a lot of her laying down sleeping. She's been comatose for almost a week. In fact, she's slept the first week of our vacation away. Except for the times she's been away puking. (And that's happened more than I'd like to admit). Poor Mason has paid the price of his sister being sick. Thank goodness he's found some kids on the beach to befriend. Thank goodness my folks come in and spend the day with us, so when we rushed off to the hospital on Thursday, he wasn't affected at all. Thank goodness he's shown no signs of puking yet. (If he does I"ll be in the funny farm) Thank goodness Madelyn had a piece of toast and applesauce and it's been 5 hours. Thank goodness she hasn't puked yet... Maybe, just maybe we're on the mend.
Our Calgary friends showed up today... Mason has Austin and Tyler to play with. If you haven't had us in your prayers, please put us in now. If we head back to the hospital with this little girl, who hasn't eaten a thing in 5 days, we won't be leaving any time soon. I want to believe that we're on the mend, but I'm not optimistic. I'm afraid this week that I've become a 'glass half empty' kinda girl. I seriously think, if Mason comes down with this, I'll lay across the railroad tracks or jump out in front of a bus. I don't wish this on ANYONE...
So, our first week of vacation has been DREADFUL...

No comments: