Wednesday, January 27, 2021

PL2021 - Week 1 | Sahlin Studio

The start of a new year, also means the start of another project life album. 

This is year 10 of my project life albums. I still love this method of memory keeping, just as much as when I first started. 

Having said that, I have made a change this year. 

I've had an increasingly hard time over the past couple of years, finding page protectors. 

Well, this year, I also had a hard time finding a 12x12 scrapbook album. Michael's, my main go-to store,  seems to have really downsized this particular area of their store. I follow so many others on the web and Instagram, that I KNOW there are still a ton of people scrapbooking... So why are supplies dwindling like crazy? 

This year I decided to keep my project life album inside a photo album. And guess what. They were hard to come by!  

Couple that with the fact that Costco will no longer be doing picture printing in their stores as of February 14th, I'm a bit nervous as to where this is headed to. 

Are people really not printing pictures any more? 

Another item in the world, I always thought was a 'staple' seems to be on the verge of extinction. 

I did do a little research. Thought perhaps I'd do a digital photo book. But for how many pages I want,  they're far too costly. Stupid Canada, where everything costs more money. 

So, I finally found a photo album I'm happy with. It's a 3 ring binder style. I am hoping that I'll be able to get 2 years worth of project life pages in the album. Fingers crossed, I'll be good for the next couple of years.

The page protectors I'm using, came with the album. I was particular about the layout I wanted. Thankfully I was able to find it.

The size is 10x12 inches. I do lose one spot that the traditional 12x12 sized protectors housed. My page may be slightly more condensed, but I think this will work out just fine. I also kind of like the vertical photos, it adds a little something extra. 

Here is week 1: 


  • Happy New Year! We brought the new year in as our little foursome. We ate yummy snacks, played games and FaceTimed friends. We also made sure to open doors at midnight, to usher the new year in and let the old year out. 
  • We watched in disbelief as the Capital Building in Washington, DC, was stormed after a Trump rally. I think we're all a bit anxious for Biden, and hope things run smoothly on January 20th. 
  • Miss Libby has found a new favourite spot. 
  • I took the kids skating to Bowness Park Friday afternoon. It was lovely, and neat to see all the skating paths through the park. 
  • We took Libby to Confederation Park for a walk. Madelyn joined us, so it was slower paced, as there were sticks to find and ice to poke. 

The following Sahlin Studio products were used: 

No comments: