Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Monday Photos - A Week in the Life

Last year I worked on a week in the life album, and got it about 30% finished. And I didn't jot down any notes... What was I thinking? I can go back and look at the few photos I've captured, but not totally sure about the stories that go with them. 

I have been on the fence about whether or not I'm doing it this year, and I know I'll be disappointed if I don't. I'm going to attempt to do a photo dump each morning, and jot a few things down. That way I have something to go back to. And even if I don't end up doing an album, I'll have these photos and words to go back to. 

Monday's photos:

Well, in typical fashion, i forgot that today was the start of week in the life. I didn't get any first thing in the morning photos. My kids are getting kind of grouchy about having their photos taken, so might try a different tactic. 

The bridge of my nose is swollen, red  and extremely painful [weird] so I iced it a little bit.  

I finally broke down and cleaned the fishbowl, because I felt so sorry for poor Gil.

We've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new Prince! 

 Morning coffee and going through cookbooks for some meal ideas.

Today Mum and I went for a pedicure. Lucky us, there wasn't much snow on the ground.

My sweet Mum. 

Fancy toes.

We then went for coffee, but it always seems to take me a while to catch onto capturing the day... 

 Home for lunch and it was nice enough to enjoy outside. 

Ironing work shirts. [Yes, we still have no ceiling in the family room. Yes I'd like it to get done. Yes, we are planning on finishing it. Yes, we're kind of procrastinators. Yes, we have the name of a someone who will do it.] But if I'm truthful, I don't even see it anymore, expect when I see a photo of it, and then that's ALL I see... And I'm horrified what people must think.

It used to be called street cleaners, now they're street sweepers and it's a less than ideal job.

 If you look real hard, you can almost see leaf buds on the tree. 

 Waiting for the school bus to drop off my girl. 

 There she is!


Meanwhile, texting with Mason, he went right to work after school. Tried to get him to get me a few work pics. But said he forgot. Maybe on the weekend. 

Dinner tonight for 3 was monte cristo sandwiches. I 'sold' the idea to Madelyn by telling her it was like a french toast ham and cheese sandwich. I was thrilled, because after dinner, she said she really liked them! I'm chalking that up as a definite win. 

 
After dinner couch and mind craft time. 

As it's Stanley Cup play-off time, the tv and hockey is usually on. We're all a bit invested the year, because we've been predicting winners and losers. Tonight Boston won, so did Mad.

I took the dog for a walk. [Forgot my phone] 

 Sat in the living room to read for a bit. This is going to be one of those books, that I won't be able to forget. It's so sad. The books is called We Were the Lucky Ones. It's about WWII and how Hilter moved through Europe. And how people lives were uprooted, because of their religion. It's awful. You think nothing like this could ever happen. And it did. And it still does.

 Sweet Prince Harry, talking to the press, about the arrival of healthy baby boy. He's so sweet. 

I tidied up the kitchen, getting it ready for tomorrow morning. 

Mason got home from work at 9:30 with a honey siraccha chicken wrap. He ate his supper and then did homework. He has so much homework, which makes working after school a bit stressful. 

Up in bed by 10 pm, and read for  a bit before lights out. 

No comments: