Monday, May 6, 2019

May Template Freebie

I'm always so excited to receive Krista's template freebie of the month. 

Here is the template for May 2019.




I love the scalloped look of the paper. I really liked how the 'scallops' were grouped together.  I couldn't wait to dive in.

One thing I knew however, is that I wasn't going to create a 12x12 size template. I won't have them printed. I most often shrink them down to 8x8 size, but I didn't want to do that size either. I currently feel like I have too many of that size.

So, I altered it slightly and made it 8x10 size. It took a bit of tinkering, but I don't think I lost too much of how the original looks. Here is my layout, celebrating Miss Madelyn's 14th Birthday.

It just so happened that April 15th was Leonardo da Vinci's birthday. Mad bought and took birthday party hats to school for a group of her friends. Together, they celebrated his birthday. At the end of the day she got off the bus, still wearing her hat.  This kid... She is her own person. As much as it frustrates me sometimes, it is So. Awesome. I hope she will always be her own person and not care about what other people think. Happy 14th Birthday kiddo! I think you rock!

The following Sahlin Studio product was used:

PM Celebrate - Elements https://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-Celebrate-Elements.html
PM Celebrate - J. Cards https://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-Celebrate-Journal-Cards.html
PM Celebrate - Paper https://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-Celebrate-Papers.html

No comments: