Saturday, March 10, 2018

March Layout Freebie



This template is available from Sahlin Studio. It's free through the month of March. To check it out, click here. 


I've kind of gotten away from creating 12x12 sized layouts. Simply put, they're too expensive for me to print. I haven't found anywhere that I think do such a great job, quality-wise, that I feel like it's worth the money. I typically create these layouts, in the 12x12 size, but when I go to print them, I shrink them down to 8x8 size. 

Mason had asked me to bring my good camera to the rink. He actually 'asked me' to take pictures of him playing hockey. On several different occasions, he asked 'You're planning on bringing your camera to the rink, right?". So of course I took my camera to the rink and stood in the corner, and took photos. It was my pleasure actually. And I have to say, I have missed my Nikon something fierce

I really haven't used it a lot in the past year or so, and I realized what I've been missing. Needless to say, it's been pulled out, charged up, and used on a more regular basis lately. 

Back to the hockey photos... Once he looked through them all, he was like... 'Yeah.... They're okay...". Turns out, he was looking for some pretty specific photos to be taken. I told him to send me a couple of screen shots of the photos he was looking for, and I'd do my best to 're-create' those types of photos. None of them were these photos however. I, on the other hand, thought they were pretty decent pictures, so I created this layout. 

It's a pretty photo heavy layout and I'm okay with it. Usually when I'm creating a page like this, I would add some patterned paper into the grid, to match colours and add a little bit of interest. But there were so many photos to choose from, that I just included them. 

In the little banner on the bottom right,  the heart was originally red, I colour matched it to the orange in the jersey, so it tied in. 

I know years down he road I'll be glad i have these photos to remind me of Mason's first year in Midget.  



The following Sahlin Studio products were used: 

Currently Flair pack: http://the-lilypad.com/store/-currently-flairs.html 
PM - Classic - Elements: http://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-Classic-Elements.html


No comments: