Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Sahlin Studio just released another Project Mouse collaboration, this one is called Paradise.

There are a lot of pineapples and palms trees in this collection, which leads you to believe you have to focus on capturing more  of a 'tropical' type of memory. 

But living somewhere that it rarely feels like the tropics, challenges me to use these products to suit my needs. 

Exactly what I did with the following layout. 

Back in October 2016, we made a quick trip out to the West Coast, [Vancouver Island]. You can click here and read the blog post I had done, shortly after returning home from our trip.

Back then, I had created a single page layout shortly after our trip, but never actually documented our little get away.

Until now...

To create these pages, I simply cut down the page protector. This will slide nicely into either my project life album for that year, or I'll put it in my 'scrapbook' album. 

Either way, it gives a little insight into our trip to the coast. 

When we picked up our rental car, at the airport, it was absolutely P O U R I N G. And when I say pouring, I mean the windshield wipes were on full speed, most of the time, pouring. We made the trip to where we were staying, probably about an hour ride from the airport. We checked into our hotel, while it was POURING... We went for lunch, and when we came out of the restaurant, it had stopped raining. And I'm not kidding, when I say, this was the only time during our stay, that it wasn't pouring. As in P O U R I N G...




So the photos where it's not raining, all happened within a few hours. And the rest of time it rained. 

We hit 3 beaches during our trip. Day 1, French Beach, where it stopped raining, and we could wander up and down the waters edge, searching for treasure. The sun actually came out that afternoon, giving the beach a misty look, that my heart so desires.

Day 2 we made our way up to Botanical Beach, in monsoon-type weather. Power had been knocked out to many of the places along the way, due to the storm. The island was preparing for an epic storm, the tail end of the Super Typhoon Songda. How lucky that we just happened to be there for it!

Our trip to Botanical beach, was CRAZY. Windshield wipers never stopped and were on high speed most of the drive. We learned quickly, that water resistant and water proof are vastly different.

Day 3 and 4, we hiked down to China Beach. In the past, it's been my favourite. But the tide was high, and it was stormy, so we really weren't able to get close to the waters edge.

The coast has our heart, for sure. And I'm glad I was able to use this product to capture these photos. Sometimes when you see paper, elements, paper etc, that scream tropical and it's hard to imagine using them anywhere else. I hope this shows how flexible you can be with different kits.

The following Sahlin Studio product was used:



No comments: