Sunday, September 26, 2010

Celebration Weekend

The kids had Friday off of school. It was parent teacher interviews. After 4 weeks of school, I can finally put a face to a name, with Mason's Grade 3 teacher.

The weather has taken a turn for the better, though the temperatures didn't soar Thursday afternoon and Friday like they said they would, I think yesterday {Saturday} we reached a high of 24°. [I'm crossing my fingers it lasts until the end of November...]

So, Friday, we took advantage of a day off, and headed to the Calgary Zoo.

To see the clear blue skies and that marvelous ball of fire, was such a pleasant treat. Dinosaurs Alive, is only around for one more month. After October 31st, they'll be gone. It's been a highlight for our family this year. I think the animals as the zoo, were as glad to see the sunshine as we were. Everyone was taking advantage of the bright day.





Me and my little 'joeys'.


Another favorite of mine, is the newly opened Garden Gallery in the Enmax Conservatory. After a much needed renovation, it's open again, and now better than ever. I LOVE the butterflies. There wasn't as many as I've seen throughout the summer, but the ones we did see were spectacular.


Last but not least we celebrated Barry's birthday this weekend. We went out for a lovely dinner, just the two of us, on his actual birthday. Then I made dinner for him and the kids, and we had our own little party. I made these cupcakes.... I got the recipe for them here... Sweet Mother of Pearl, they are eyes rolling into the back of your head, delicious... I recommend them indeed.

No comments: