Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm a Bit Foul Today

I'm sure the question that's first and foremost on your mind is: Why so owl-y today? Well, I can answer that, but you might be sorry. Here goes.

As you know, I've been having some computer problems for awhile. We've had someone to come and look at the computer. In total, I think this guy has spent minimum 15-20 hours of his precious time, sorting out our computer. I'm now updated into the world of Windows 7. Grrrrr... All my stuff (and by stuff I mean personal files) have been changed around from here to there and there to here, so I don't know EXACTLY how to locate stuff right now. Grrrrr... We had a problem with our CD burner, as in it wasn't burning cd's. Grrrrr... So we got a new one, to replace the old one, and guess what? For some reason it will not recognize the pictures I have on my hard drive as being on my hard drive. Therefore, it will not let me burn my pictures to cd. Grrrrrr... [And any one who knows me, KNOWS how important it is to me that I have a cd in my hand, to ENSURE that I have the pictures in a 'somewhat' physical form] Please... I do realize that having a cd of burned pictures in my hand in no way guarantees the outcome/printing of my pictures, but I sleep better at night thinking I can have my pictures at any given moment. You know, like I'm only a drive to Costco away from the hard copy... Grrrrr.... To top it all off, the card reader or, perhaps I should rename it the intermittent card reader on my computer, now seems to just be plain, not working. Grrrrrrr...... So I can't download pictures. Grrrrrr..... And that is huge for me. [I download pictures A LOT]. So to say that I'm frustrated, well that's a bit of an understatement.

Then, tonight for dinner I made kid-friendly Alphabet Soup. I mean c'mon here, throw me a bone, it said KID FRIENDLY right ON the recipe... But would said 'kids' EVEN try it? Did they think it looked even remotely friendly? For the first time ever, I think Mason actually threw up in his mouth a little bit... Yes people, it was indeed drama at it's best. Why? Because we've tried our hardest to stick to the 'one bite rule' around here. You have to try at least one bite, before you can turn your nose up at it. [When Mason was younger, I think it was even a 2 or 3 bite rule] But now, it's the one bite rule. And when it takes you 25 minutes to try that first bite, well you can guess how it goes over. For one thing, 25 minutes later, it's COLD. And no, soup is NOT MEANT TO BE COLD. And when you work yourself up to trying it {in addition to the tears, and the 'i just know i won't like it's' and the 'are you sure if i don't like it you won't make me eat its?} And this is coming from the oldest child... The youngest by now, just hops off her chair, heads up to her bedroom and puts her jammies on, because like she's gonna try it...

Any whoooooo, I was told "You take it too personal that the kids aren't saying 'we don't like YOU'". [Which believe it or not, I DO realize...] But there is more to life than tomato soup and crackers. I'm just not sure how to get there. And I'm really tired of dealing with it. Mason ate good for the first 18 months of his life... He's 7 1/2 which means we've been fighting about food for 6 years. And Madelyn has NEVER been a good eater. In fact, I can't believe we've kept her alive for as long as we have. I can't believe she can survive on what little she eats. So tonight, I feel like throwing my hands up in the air, and quitting my position... Grrrrrrr.....
Now hiring.... Full-time Chef. Any takers?

By the way, Valentine's Day Cinnamon buns turned out great, but do I have a picture to show you, of course not...

No comments: