Sunday, January 24, 2010

Still Documenting...

It's been a lot more work than I thought it would be... Well, actually that's a lie. I knew it would be A LOT of work. Can you believe it's the end of January, and for the most part, I've captured a little bit of something each day. I just hope I've captured the right things.

Last week we went and watched the Olympic Torch head through a small little town, 15 minutes from the city. And can you believe I didn't even blog about it? Seriously, what's up with that?

So here's my blurb about that.

Tuesday January 19th, we kept Mason home from school (the rule-breakers that we are... NOT)and went to see the Olympic torch pass through Chestermere. We lucked out with the weather (as did all torch runners, as it passed through Calgary and area) I'm talking it was on the PLUS side of zero. Here, in Calgary Alberta, it was the plus side of 0°. It was so easy to get caught up in the excitement, and everyone is SO excited. It's been 22 years since the torch last made it's way through here for the '88 Olympics.

We kind of debated about actually going. I'm so glad we did. I don't how much of it the kids will remember (of course, we got some great pictures of the day). It might be the crowd of people they remember, getting to hold an actual torch, seeing the mascots Quatchi & Miga (whom they got their picture taken with), or possibly the music that was played. Maybe they'll remember it, because it was the day Mason didn't get to school until 2pm. In any case, it was a great experience, and it was so easy to get caught up in the excitement. Who knows when or if we'll ever get a chance to see the Olympic torch close up like this again. I'm glad we got ourselves there.





On another very important note, Ama & Baba left today for sunnier pastures. They're headed to Arizona for the rest of winter. Please drive safe, our prayers are with you. Hope the roads are clear and free.

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Can't wait to hear about the first Target stop.

No comments: