Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back to School

I had two little people out of the house today... (I say today, like I had 6+ hours of alone time, wondering what to do with myself) What I meant to say is Mason started back to school yesterday, and Madelyn went back to preschool this afternoon. I ran errands, took back some returns, browsed the terribly depleted 70% off Christmas section at Michael's and enjoyed the solitude. I wanted to pick up these little gems for next year...


There I stood, for I don't know how long, humming and hawing, and what did I decide? Well, I could EASILY use my cricut to make the snowflakes (after all, I'm quite crafty) So I walked away. But I'm blogging about it right now, so no doubt I should have picked it up. (But they only sell them in a pack of 12!) Who makes 12 cupcakes? No one. So then you'd need to buy 2. There, I just talked myself through that, and feel much better now.

(I also had to hold myself back from p/u Valentine's stuff) Man... One celebration down, another up to take it's place. It's so easy to get caught up in all this crap. Isn't it? Or is it just me? I gotta tell you, I LOVE IT. But I walked away from that too. Nicely done.
Then I came home to a quiet house, for the first time in 3 wks. I kid you not. It was only for 35 minutes, but it was dreamy while it lasted. On Friday afternoon, I might even BAKE something by myself! Now that's heaven I tell ya!

No comments: