Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10, 2010 - 10 on the 10th

I thought this was something kind of fun... I'll post 10 random things, on the 10th of every month for 2010. So here we go:

1. I was excited about getting the Wii and Rockband for the kids for Christmas, but seriously, if I have to listen to Ghostbusters or We Will Rock You ONE MORE TIME, I’m liable to take my own life…

2. I would like to know why a glass of red wine with dinner, often turns into an ENTIRE bottle. Like is it IMPOSSIBLE to put the cork back in or what?

3. Today I made Roasted Garlic Bread… Well, perhaps that statement is somewhat misleading. What I ACTUALLY did was add ingredients in the order suggested by the manufacturer (into my bread maker) but I would like to take SOME credit, ‘cause it was pretty darn tasty.

4. This morning, I checked my voice mail at 11:34 am, and realized I had 26 minutes to whip up BRUNCH for our guests… Communication is key isn’t it?

5. We’ve had a 35° temperature change in 4 days. From -30° to +9°. Are you kidding me? Our entire street is treacherous and sheer ice. Where else in Canada does this happen?

6. I’m working on invites for my nieces wedding. I’m hosting a shower for her, and I’m loving being the ‘designer’ of my own shower invites.

7. I didn’t leave my house today, and there was a nap involved… (After our brunch guests left of course) Talk about lazy and lov’in it!

8. At 7:29 pm, my kids were showered, jammied and trying to figure out what snack they’re having before bed. THAT is what happens when you have 2 back to back late nights over the weekend.

9. I’m trying to make my meal plans for the upcoming week, but let’s keep in mind, I’ve had ½ a bottle of wine

10. I’m looking forward to getting together with my girls tomorrow afternoon for coffee. Once these little ones get into preschool, it’s hard to plan a coffee date together!

No comments: