Monday, April 6, 2009

Luckiest Girl

You know, I'm such a lucky girl. I threw my own birthday party this past weekend, and my friends came, and we had so much fun, and yes, I put on a rather impressive eating display. (To any of you familiar with Weight Watchers, I called it my points free night, but I'm pretty sure the scale will indicate my night of gorging when it comes to next weeks weigh in. My stomach actually hurt, at the end of the evening. I had to take pills to try to alleviate the discomfort.) The food was FANTASTIC. I hired a caterer... This is her, and I would TOTALLY recommend her. She usually caters much larger groups, but was able to accommodate my little group very nicely. Everything I've ever had of hers, has been amazing. In fact, I wish I knew a little bit more what my food is lacking or could use... If I cooked as well as her, I'd have some serious weight issues. I wonder though... If I cooked as well as her, would my children be eaters? I'm very much a recipe follower, when it comes to cooking. I ain't no Rachel Ray, I don't 'guess-ti-mate' with a palm full here, and an eyeball there... A 2 mississippi count of pouring EVOO, nope, I tend to follow the instructions, to the T. (why do we say to a t?)

This is my sad attempt at collaging a group of pictures together using Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0. I can't BEGIN to tell you how frustrating I have found this. But after about 75 hours, I actually did get pics to group together. Not the way I wanted them to, but it's a start. I just don't know if I have the will to learn this program. I thought it would be awesome, to print pics off on templates, but I just don't know...

But my party night was a bit of a test. Instead of have a "Girls Night Out" we did a "Girls Night In". Instead of being noisy, loud, and expensive, it was more intimate, comfortable and personal. I have to say I wasn't disappointed, and I certainly hope no one else was. And my dear friend made me this birthday cake... Isn't she awesome? Well both Steph and Barbie... It's hard to believe that I've celebrated 39 birthdays and not had myself a cake like this. And now, I have! How lucky am I?!?!

So alas, 39 has come and gone. I don't know what will transpire next year. Do I just quit celebrating birthdays all together, do 39 & holding? Thankfully I have a year to think about it.

No comments: