Friday, January 16, 2009

Do you hear what I hear?

Nothing at all. Ahhh, the sound of silence... Friday morning could be one of my most favorite times. Why? Well, very simply, Mason's off to school and Madelyn sleeps over at Ama's house on Thursday nights. I'm sorry for those of you who don't have an Ama, as I do. Seriously, I'm very, VERY sorry for you. I don't know what I'd do with out my Mum, who not only babysits at a moments notice but also takes my kids for sleepovers. (AND claims to enjoy it) Thursday is what I very lovingly refer to as my "Day Off". I drop Madelyn off at my Mum's mid-morning, and then scoot out of there, and have some time to myself... I can come home to a silent house, go meet friends for lunch, or coffee. Head over to any mall or shopping establishment, with no little person in tow. I can get away for a few hours, by myself, before having to be at the bus stop to pick Mason up from school. Then, Friday morning, I can have a leisurely morning. Chat on the phone, surf the web, blog, without having to feel guilty about ignoring my daughter. It's total bliss. Thank you Mum. I know how lucky I am, and I cherish it very much.
Tomorrow I'm having a scrap day. My boys will be out of the house. My girl will be in heaven thinking she too is scrapbooking. My friends will be joining me, and it may very well go from early morning, until well into Sunday. I'm VERY excited.

No comments: