Thursday, May 28, 2020

PL2020 - Week 15 | Sahlin Studio


Week 15 seems like a long time ago. We still regularly had snow back then.  I think it's safe to say now, that we might be in the clear as far as snow advisories go, at least until September... 😂 Fingers crossed really, because anything could happen. 

We were actually joking at dinner last night, that we feel like we're in the 97th day of March...

We've been home for 77 days. Which amounts to 11 weeks. 

E L E V E N weeks. 

I've gotten out a bit more recently. I actually ventured out to the grocery store, for a big shop, this week. [I have been ordering on-line and then just picking up] It felt good to do something so normal. Though, there was nothing normal about it. Only a certain amount of people allowed in. Cleaning the cart handle before touching it. Trying to maintain distance between shoppers [most people are really good about it, but there are a number of people who DO NOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND WHAT 2m DISTANCE IS] I have never felt so nervous about being in such close proximity to strangers before. Sadly, this pandemic has definitely changed how I view others.

Then, there is one line up for the tills, with lines on the floor, spaced 2 m apart. I found myself towards the very back of the store... Waiting in line. That is another thing I'm not loving. The line ups nearly every where we go.

I guess, 11 weeks in, I've finally really leaned into the 'being at home' vibe. I'm glad I like the people I live with. Not to say there aren't the occasional blow-ups. There are. [Four people, 2 adults and 2 young adults were NEVER meant to spend this much time together]

Things are beginning to open back up again. Which makes me nervous. Now I just don't want to go anywhere... All the places that brought me joy, Second Hand shops, Michael's, Winner's/HomeSense, will all be a totally different experience. I'm sure much of it will be just getting out there a bit. Getting used to our new normal. Such as it is. 

Any way, back to week 15, with the snow that never stopped and still feeling really anxious about the pandemic:

  • Making S'mores over tea lights in the kitchen.
  • Using my sewing machine to make face masks... [which I do fear will become something we will be required to have on, while we're out]
  • Our menu, which I thought would be really interesting to keep track of, because in 11 weeks, we've eaten most of our meals from home. [I'm a smidge tired of being the chef and meal planner] I can count on 3 fingers, how many times we've brought something in. 
  • Video chats with friends.
  • Cinnamon buns, again. So, SO good.
  • Always snowing.
  • We had a very quiet Easter this year, just the 4 of us. We made the most of it, eating off our china and in the dining room. 

The following Sahlin Studio products were used:

Pure Happiness Elements: https://the-lilypad.com/store/pure-happiness-elements.html
Pure Happiness J. Cards: https://the-lilypad.com/store/pure-happiness-journal-cards.html

No comments: