Tuesday, April 21, 2020

PL2020 - Week 11 | Sahlin Studio

Gosh, what I'd do to go back to the way things were, before Coronavirus was all anyone ever talked about.

This weeks project life spread, goes back to the exact start of our world turning upside down. 

The first few weeks of this were scary. I remember having the tv on during the day, watching, waiting, listening...

I learned very quickly, that was not a great idea. Especially for one's mental health. 

The late news simply had me lay in bed all night long, with my eyes wide and fearful, going through one worst case scenario after another. 

I then limited the news to dinner time only. 

Now I only watch it every few days. It's just too much. 

We're doing our part by staying home. I'm hopeful this will get under control and we'll be able to return to normal. 

Although, what is normal anymore? 


  • Date night, we went to a wine tasting event with some of Barry's co-workers. It was our first 'date' since hockey and ringette were finished, and at the time, we had no idea that it would also be our last in the foreseeable future.
  • Toilet paper suddenly was in high demand, everywhere. 
  • Getting Madelyn packed and ready for her Bamfield trip. [Which was cancelled 36 hours before the plane was to leave]
  • Seeing the word 'PANDEMIC' for the first time.
  • Closures of all the things that never close... Seeing professional sport teams suspend play,  Disneyland close it's gates, these things certainly got my attention quickly. 
  • My inbox, which also alerted us to the fact, that life was about to change. 
  • Schools were closed, indefinitely, on Sunday March 15th. We received official word after 8 pm. 
The following Sahlin Studio products were used: 

Rough Times Elements- https://the-lilypad.com/store/Rough-Times-Elements.html
Rough Times J. Cards - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Rough-Times-Journal-Cards.html


No comments: