Monday, June 10, 2019

PL2019 - Week 19

Week 19 also happened to be the same week I followed along with Ali Edwards A Week in the Life.

After much pondering, I did decide to participate in this project. I took photos and jotted down journaling from each day. [So already I'm ahead of where I was last year in the project]

Have I got a mini album finished? Hell, no. I sure don't. Have I got it started? Yes, I have title pages as well as the journaling for each day. So I've started, and that's the important thing. Last year I had photos, but for some reason, did no journaling. Silly me. 

Although I have very detailed information for the week, I always include the week in my project life album as well. 

This year my format was very photo heavy. I kind of did a photo dump and included a lot of the photos I had for each day. 

When my mini album is complete, I'll be able to compare between the two different types of story telling, [2 page layout vs mini album] should I want to go back to remember a specific story with more clarity. 

It's a little more jumbled, but I do like how there are so many photos present, and so few words. 

Here is week 19, which I decided on a back to back 2 page spread: 


I wanted repetition here. You'll notice that besides the title card, each 2x3 card is set up exactly the same. Makes it easy, when you just have to  change a few elements, rather than start from scratch with each card. [Looking now, I see I forgot the white border around my 'magic' photo on the bottom left... I'm not totally sure I won't be reprinting that photo again, with a white border...] I just KNOW it will drive me crazy every time I look at it. Or maybe I will be able to see the imperfection, and let it go. Time will tell.


The difference between this week and the others, is the sheer amount of photos taken, and the really diving deeply into our every day lives. It gets taken for granted, but it's amazing to see the subtle changes that happen over the years. If I didn't document a week in this same detail, you wouldn't see that. 

I am eager to finish the week in the life mini album, and once I have, will share it. 

For now, enjoy a quick glance at a week in our life! 

The following Sahlin Studio products were used:

No comments: