Tuesday, April 30, 2019

PL2019 - Week 14

So, before I go any further, I tracked down the album I'd begun to put together for last years week in the life...

Begun being the key word in that sentence. 

Not much got done, let alone finished. 

And sadly, I didn't jot down any journaling... 

My idea last year was to go a 'travellers notebook' sort of format... I have photos, some taped down, some not. I might go back to it again. I probably will not. 

Not sure how to tackle this year. Or if I even want to.

If I decide to do it, I will most likely wing it. Wish me luck. 

Now before I get to week 14 of my project life album. I need to address the ridiculous snow storm we had over the weekend. 

Weather forecasters are not always right. It seems to be the only job you can have, that you can be 100% wrong with your forecast, and you still have a job.  

They had been warning us of a winter storm for nearly a week.

Saturday morning, there was actually a winter storm warning in effect for Calgary and area.  I looked outside, and frankly, couldn't see how anything was going to materialize...



We went out in the afternoon, made a trip to the green house, because we're all getting the itch to see beautiful flowers. 

Checked out a video game place, that's my crew there, in the photo below. [I chose to remain in the car. I could care less what's in a video games store, and don't want to bring anyone down with my negativity] You're welcome guys. 

But you see how there is no snow? Clouds, yes, but they don't look menacing. It was even bright, because of the sun peaking through. Do you see how no one has a coat on? Yeah, that's because at 1:15 pm, there didn't look like any storm was actually going to happen.


And then this happened... 



In the span of an hour and a half, we were smack dab in the middle of our winter storm. I had to cancel plans with friends. We must have sent 500 texts in a few hours. I used up my 'limit for the day'. It looked really crummy, and decided there was no reason to go out, unless absolutely necessary. 


It snowed a TON. It was an all hands on deck situation the next morning. Thank goodness the sun was out. And thank goodness our wonderful neighbour let us borrow her snow blower.


We still have a lot of snow left. It's melted quite a bit, but there's a shocking amount left. Looking on the bright side, that the grass is and trees are getting some much needed moisture. Hopeful that we've seen the end of it, although it looks like this week isn't supposed to be great weather-wise. 

I guess we're heading out of April like a lion this year. 

Here is  week 14 of my project life album.

We began to notice robin's this week, that's always so exciting for us.. 
We had a large group for our walk, and I forgot to take a group photo...
This is the longest my hair has been since my age had the word teen at t the end of it. 
Barry's allergic reaction to the medication he was on.... It was B A D...
Hockey wind up, we met at National on 10th and the boys ate and bowled. Very fun night. 

The following Sahlin Studio products were used:



No comments: