Monday, July 10, 2017

PL2017 - Week 16

This week happened to be Ali Edwards A week in the Life. Week in the life, is a project I've followed along with for the past 9 years. Week in the life goes very in-depth into each day, and it's a project I both love and dread. I love it because going back to look takes me right back to the every day things. 

Some have long since been forgotten. For example, when the kids were little, they both came and snuggled into bed with us, every morning. Every. Single. Morning. Now that they're 12 and 15, that doesn't happen. It hasn't happened for a very long time, and had I not captured it when I did, it would simply have been forgotten. 

Like December Daily, it's a project that you need to tackle head on. In comparison to December Daily, at least it's over in a week, rather than going on the entire month. 

I did create a 2017 WITL album, and will share it here when it's totally complete. I'm about 90% of the way there. [Shout out to summer vacation, where I'll be able to spend some late nights catching up!!]

I also like to capture the week in my PL album. Would hate for the week to stay blank.

Here is my layout for week 16:



  • Getting my day started.
  • Making an effort to walk Libby.
  • School day breakfast, he's up showered, fed and gone by 7:25 am.
  • Madelyn's booth at the school carnival, I was skeptical, and turns out I needn't be. 'Tape the Teacher to the Wall' was a huge success.
  • She loves that swing, still. 
  • The boys, doing some impromptu yard work after our neighbour went over our yard with an aerator he'd rented.  So thankful for good neighbours. 
I take hundreds of photos. Hundreds. I take pictures all time. I don't print them off very often. Before the days of digital cameras, I took a roll of 24 or 36 photos, and had them printed, put them in albums. Mason has several albums of random photos for his first few years. Madelyn does not. But both have albums and books, and can go back and watch themselves grow. 

I have been doing Project Life for 5 years. I have to say, I religiously print these photos all off and put them in my albums. I have 5 years of our every day stuff. I'm so thankful that I've kept up with this memory keeping or story telling. This continues to be important to me, year after year. I still love it. Not to say I am always motivated. I'm not. Sometimes a few weeks lapse here and there, but I have never stepped away for a very long time. I hope I never do. 

The following Sahlin Studio product was used: 


No comments: