Wednesday, March 8, 2017

March Template Freebie - He Drives

Well, it's that time again, a new template freebie from Sahlin Studio. This template is available for the month of March only, get it while you can, by following this link.

I did a bit of a different take on this months freebie. In my album, I like to alternate between 8x8 and 12x12 sized pages. Not only do I think it makes my album interesting and visually appealing, it definitely saves some money when it comes to printing.

This months template is 12x12 size, but I wanted it to be 8x8. 

I've also found that when you're printing pages off, there is almost always a little bit of cropping that snips off the edges of the pages. I didn't want to crop any of the edges in this layout.

This is what the original layout looks like:



Here's my version: 


In PSE 15, I shrunk down the entire 12x12 layout. I added the layout to an 8x8 sized canvas. I knew I wanted to add a few photos of my son, driving for the very first time. I didn't have great photos of this, as teaching him to drive, was more important than the photo op. [You can see, that if the edges of the layout were cropped it would take away from seeing my sons face]

I love the flexibility these layouts give, even though many people may have this exact layout, once I make a few subtle changes, mine looks different from everybody else's. 

I often alter layouts, to suit my needs. I love being creative, even with layouts that have been created for me. It takes away some of the planning, but still lets me tinker. 

The following Sahlin Studio product was used: 



No comments: