Thursday, April 26, 2012

End of April

I have been busy. I know everyone is busy. But that doesn't make it any easier to take. I haven't posted on my blog since mid-April... I never did my 12 on the 12th of Instagrams... Isn't that lame? The last time I was here, I was worried, because I was 2 weeks behind in my project life book [gasp] I'm pleased to say, I'm current again people!

This week I'm also following along with  Ali Edwards A Week in the Life project. This is the 4th time I've done it. My kids are indeed TIRED of looking at my camera... I try to be discreet, but it's not always easy. The first time I did it was 2008. It was right after we'd got back from our Greece trip. My kids were itty-bitty babies... Mason was in Grade One, and looked so little. Madelyn was only three... Mason was just learning how to ride a 2-wheeler, and Madelyn was trying to master the trike. I'm so grateful I've captured every day things, that otherwise I wouldn't have.

I missed 2009. I can't believe it, but I did.

I captured 2010, 2011 and now 2012. When you're dealing with life, every day, taking pictures of dishes might seem silly. But when you look back and see the kids 'kid dishes' you no longer have, you think... Right... I remember that. Some things stay the same [I've still got my favourite mugs] There are still chores to be done on a daily basis. Furniture is still the same. But some things have changed over the years. Vehicles, clothes, hairstyles. I'm so glad I've kept up with this.

So, I'm kind of cursing myself this week, because along with working on my project life stuff, I'm also trying to record our every day in more detail. But next when I look at this book down the road, I'll be so glad I've done it.

Today, I'm home sick this this little munchkin too...

The school called and he came home yesterday morning. Yesterday he slept on and off all afternoon, with a high temperature. This morning he still had a fever. I took him to the doctor. She feels he's not got anything that requires antibiotics. But I'm not quite as sure. He's slept almost all day... I woke him to take him to the Dr. She swabbed his throat, and told us we could phone the lab to find out results in 2 days. She also gave us a prescription in the event it comes back positive for Strep Throat. [I'm suspicious that it is indeed strep, it seems to be going around the school] He came back home and headed right back to bed. Hate it when my kids are sick... I wish I could make it go away.

No comments: